Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A little advise from some women

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello friends.

On Sunday i decided rid myself of hair down below, me and my fiance thought it would be funny!

I used hair removing cream and finished it off with a shaver.

However, now its really really itchy down there quite uncomfortable, although we wuite like the smoothness.

Does anyone have any tips for me about shaving as we may do it again. I'm 23 by the way.

Lisa

Comments

• Options
    did u shave the entire thing or just around the lips? ....

the top part may itch when cut all the way, tho i would guess u could get various things to put on it on the farmasy.....
  • Options
    I did the whole thing, all around everywhere. I am contemplating keeping it like this, but not if its gonna itch me so much each time!
  • Options
    my gf usualy shaves, but not the part directly under the stomach (sorry for the explenations in lack of english words for it) simply cos thats where the itchy part is she sayes. I did the same myself, and it started itching, but it only lasted for 2 days. Made me watch out a lil befor i did it again. tho, i havent checked for something to put on it to prevent itching tho.

Maby talk to your doc about whats to do with it?
    some ppl do have skin that reacts more then others
  • Options
    Ok, cheers Regrets.

I would quite like to keep the whole thing shaved, bit sceptical about leaving a bit at the top, might loo a bit funny, but i'm not sure till I try it i guess.
  • Options
    Does anyone know of any sites that offer any tips or anything on this? Please no sleazy sites tho, i don't really like seeing other peoples fannies!!
  • Options
    I find it more sexy if u got just a lil spot of hair on the top myself. as long as it aint like 4 inches long :D
    offcourse i can understand the pleasure in having the entire spot shaved, since i prefer that myself... tehe. tho, i dont itch as much nowdays as i did the first time... maby the skin gets used to it? (:p)
  • Options
    just a lil somethin i searched for in a rush...may give some info perhaps:Shaving Info

Basic Steps:

If you have long pubic hairs, trim hair with clippers or scissors. Electric clippers are best for this purpose.
    Take a long, warm bath beforehand.
    Before applying shaving cream, rinse area with cool water.
    Apply shaving cream a few minutes before shaving to soften hairs. Consider using a shaving cream with additional conditioners or aloe.
    Be sure to use a sharp blade. You might try using two new blades if you are shaving a large area.
    When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin irritation. On the first stroke, go "with the grain" to remove most of the hair, then go "against the grain" for a smooth, close shave.
    Be sure to clean the area afterwards with soap and water to reduce the risk of infection. Ideally, give the area a second cleansing using cotton balls and rubbing alcohol.
    Some people find daily applying baby powder or talcum powder especially helpful after shaving to keep the area dry and irritation-free.
    Practice clean hygiene after shaving, washing the area at least once a day to reduce sweat and oil build-up.
    Go as long as possible between shavings to reduce skin irritation.
    A few warnings:

People who allergic and react to some shaving creams: This area seems to have heightened sensitivity. Furthermore, if it does react, your natural sweat and the natural abrasion this area receives will most likely make your life a living hell [temporarily]. Consider avoiding shaving all together, or try warning tip #3. If you do decide to shave this area, make sure you use hypoallergenic shaving cream.
    People with sensitive skin may wish to avoid shaving for the same reasons. Again, if you chose to shave, consider shaving cream made for sensitive skin and use a hypoallergenic moisturizer afterwards.
    Consider closely trimming your hair instead. It provides many of the benefits of shaving without all the risks!
    Letting hair grow out after shaving your pubic area is a bitch. The sharp hairs combined with the sensitive skin will make you realize justhowmuch movement happens in that area on an average day. Chaffing is nearly unavoidable.
    Keeping #4 in mind, people who walk/run/exercise a lot might wish to skip shaving all together if you don't want to invest the time in regular shavings.

the link is: http://www.sexuality.org/l/fetish/shaving.html
  • Options
    Cool, well i'll stick to it for a while and see.

I'll ask my fiance if he would prefer me to leave a litle bit at the top.

Cheers
  • Options
    welcome=)
    hope it was usefull
  • Options
    if you use a normal razor to shave it then it will itch, but if you use an electric one it hardly itches at all. Also if you put baby oil on b4 you shave that makes it itch less.
  • Options
    Cheers guys, next time I shave it i'll try the baby oil and electric one I think.
  • Options
    I always use a normal razor, but do use the king of shaves, shaving oil. Never had any problems with itching though after the first few times. Stick with it and as long as you do it regularly the itching should stop.:)
  • Options
    All good girls should shave down there. I can't stand any hair longer than a few cms and I can't stand any hair around the lips (top and bottom :D )
  • Options
    I have two words for you.

Gillette Mach3

As they say 'A best a man can get' ;)

Works a treat - no irritation - smooth as a baby's botty :D
  • Options
    This topic comes up all the time . . . do a search, or browse old posts for your answer.

Susie :)
This discussion has been closed.