Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Calling all singletons!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a recovering singleton.

That is all. :)

Comments

• Options
    are u a recovering singleton and now a doubleton?

or are u recovering and a singleton?

Ooh the english lanaguage and its ambiguity how exciting :)
  • Options
    I hated being a singleton, No fun at all for me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    I hated being a singleton, No fun at all for me.

That's me! I love myself, i'm happy, i'm content, - but I HATE being single so much!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    why do you hate being single so much?

develop the other relationships in your life while you have the time
  • Options
    used 2 love bein single, til I wasn't ... now am again.... will probably get round to lovin it again at some point tho i guess.... back to my previous post bout bein a weeble, wobble but dont fall down n its all good :D
    friends, chocolate, wine n weed help in the process too I've found!
  • Options
    Originally posted by snowdance
    why do you hate being single so much?

develop the other relationships in your life while you have the time

What do you mean with my family or something?

My Mum in fact said to me today that she knows nothing about my life! Not from wanting to try and get to know my life I just keep her out. Easier that way for me I guess

I could try and work on that relationship, If I find the time in my busy life :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'm a 16yr old singleton and LOVE it!
    I seem to be maturing on a completely diffrerent level to my friends... They think that a relationship consists of a quick drunken fumble at a party, and lots of snogging!
    Whereas I know theres more to relationships than sex....theres decent conversation and having things in common with your partner... all they care about it how good looking their partners are, not how well they know each other. And that's what get my goat about "Teenage relationships". Bollocks to teenage relationships!
    Grrr I hate being a teenager.
    Beth xXx
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyGirlBeth
    I seem to be maturing on a completely diffrerent level to my friends... They think that a relationship consists of a quick drunken fumble at a party, and lots of snogging!
    Whereas I know theres more to relationships than sex....theres decent conversation and having things in common with your partner... all they care about it how good looking their partners are, not how well they know each other. And that's what get my goat about "Teenage relationships". Bollocks to teenage relationships!
    Beth xXx

I think you've been on thesite too long. :p
  • Options
    Beth xXx

Awwwwww thats such a nice view on being single! Just let you know all men are bastards!!! (don't want to break your illusion). Oh im a singleton, used to enjoy it but im getting bored but still love the flirting :D
  • Options
    I'm single and happy, at least no-one can seriously hurt my feelings this way :)

Ah well.
  • Options
    men arent bastards, majority of my mates r male, and the majority of my exes are mates, there's good n bad in all.... I still have faith! lol
  • Options
    I'm 15, single and glad of it! Mind you, there's absolutely no time for me to have a relationship, since I spend all my damn time sorting out everyone elses. Yeah, there are some moments in time when I'd like a boyfriend, like when some of my friends are banging on about how oh-so-wonderful life is when you aren't single, but there's a distinct lack of decent lads around here. Mind you, sometimes I'm glad to be single... most teens seem to view relationships as disposable commodities to be used and abused, and I don't. The fact that hardly any guys share this view makes it harder. Such is life... :(
  • Options
    Beth xXx

That's the last thing I expected to hear from the gal who has relationship problems every single week! :p
  • Options
    I'm now a singleton and although feel horrible at the moment give me two weeks and I'll be happy, smiling, confident and back to my sexy self again! :D
  • Options
    I've being living in Single Ville for many a moon now and enjoy the benefits of it to the extreme - flirting, ons, nobody to answer to, being completely selfish and doing what I want just cos I can. :D

but, I do admit to missing the closeness that comes from a meaningful relationship. Oh and the sex of course. And cuddles - you can never have enough cuddles.

however, have fun, enjoy it while it lasts cos generally singledom won't last forever * unless you want it to of course*;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt

That's the last thing I expected to hear from the gal who has relationship problems every single week! :p

I'm glad someone else thought that. Especially since I recall a post about Beth & three guys.....

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'm a singleton, Hating it but i'll get back into the swing soon. Just feels weird having time to myself constantly. Doesn't feel right. Ah well have to move on and there's no point in delaying it. Must get to making better relationships with friends and all that. :p
  • Options
    i only dislike being single cos i miss waking up next to someone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ObviouslyBlonde
    men arent bastards, majority of my mates r male, and the majority of my exes are mates, there's good n bad in all.... I still have faith! lol

Most of my mates are males just coz women are bitches!!!
  • Options
    I'm 19 and have been single all my life. I don't see what the attraction of single life is. I could perhaps understand someone who has been in a long term relationship to be single, but I'm sick of it.
    What do you girls want in a lad?:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kat

Most of my mates are males just coz women are bitches!!!

lol Kaz, my sentiments exactly, excluding my 2 best mates, I'd say about 95% of my mates r male.... as long as ya not involved in a relationship with them, they're sooo much easier to understand, n never get pissed at u for buyin the same handbag :D
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind having a bird at the moment but to be quite honest I can't be asrsed with the hastle of the dating game u know?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Baby

That's me! I love myself, i'm happy, i'm content, - but I HATE being single so much!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

What's wrong with hating being single?

Is seeking companionship so bad? :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Matthew82
    I'm 19 and have been single all my life. I don't see what the attraction of single life is. I could perhaps understand someone who has been in a long term relationship to be single, but I'm sick of it.

I reckon being single is good because one possesses freedom. You don't have any obligation to anyone and you can go where you want and do what you wish without any hassle from a partner. Just my two cents anyway. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Matthew82
    Lol, awww. I'm going to steal that comment, tweak it a bit and ask "What do you lads want in a girl?' :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tashmania
    "What do you lads want in a girl?' :confused:

Good question.

Some lads just want a quick shag.

Other lads like an intelligent, attractive, funny, kinda girl.

Me, I just need someone to take care of me. Someone to hug, someone to cuddle up to. In fact, I want in a girl what many girls want in a lad.

Oh dear :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    What do you girls want in a lad?
    Meh, seeing as I stole the question, I may as well answer it. Also, seeing as Bri has been so kind as to answer my version :p

Some girls want a quick fumble on the dancefloor of some club.

Most girls would like a lad who treats them well, can hold a decent conversation, isn't too flashy, listens to what they have to say and who has a decent sense of humour. Plus, girls want a guy who looks after them, even though they know that the girl in question is most probably perfectly capable of looking after herself. Or is that what I want? :p;)

Like Bri said, I want in a lad what many guys want in a girl. :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by atomic brian

Good question.

Some lads just want a quick shag.

Other lads like an intelligent, attractive, funny, kinda girl.

Me, I just need someone to take care of me. Someone to hug, someone to cuddle up to. In fact, I want in a girl what many girls want in a lad.

Oh dear :rolleyes: :D

yeah a subsitute mother/ father

v.bad rel foundation
  • Options
    I was with someone for 2 and a half years and he fucked my head up and now I'm single and enjoying it.:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by snowdance

yeah a subsitute mother/ father

v.bad rel foundation

Probably.

Ah well...