Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Breaking Up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Mate dumped her b/f yesterday over MSN messenger, i thought this was a good idea coz you can think what to say and are likely to get a response, and not have to watch the tears, what do you think, is it a good way or a cowards way?

Comments

• Options
    I think it's a shitty way of breaking up with someone.
  • Options
    She's a damn coward.
  • Options
    Undeceived.

May have its benefits tho
  • Options
    i have to say i think its the cowards way out! when you break up with someone dont you at least owe it to them to tell them to their face? and as for not having to watch the tears..well thats quite selfish! if you dump someone of course they're going to be upset and of course youre going to feel guilty but thats just the way things are. id be really upset if someone dumped me this way. i was dumped by letter once..that was really bad. i was so angry because he didnt even have the guts to tell me to my face! so.. i wouldnt recommend it!!
  • Options
    Cowards way out.

The same goes for dumping someone by text message.

Your friend should be ashamed of herself.
  • Options
    pretty gut-less way to do it really
  • Options
    That's terrible. You should at least have the decency to do it to someone's face. :(
  • Options
    I totally disagree with the concept of breaking up with someone by any other method than a face to face conversation.

On the other hand I like the idea of explaining your reasons in a letter that you can give the other person when you do meet them face to face. That way you can say everything you need in a calm and rational way (as it's already written) and don't get confused and distressed in the immense emotional storm that is inevitable at the time. It also gives your ex-partner the chance to look over your reasons when they are in a calmer state of mind in the following days.
  • Options
    coward! she should of told him to his face!
  • Options
    That is very low and pathetic, she should have at least told him face to face or even on the phone, anything but a txt message I mean how out of order is that!!:eek:
  • Options
    Other equally adult ways of dumping someone:
    • Carrier pigeon
    • Smoke signals
    • Fax
    • Semaphore
    • Morse code
  • Options
    It's the cowards way out, you should at least have the decency to confront the person. Feelings are different in person than when you're just speaking to a computer or whatever, it is so much harder in person though. No one should take the cowards way out. isn't fair on the other person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    No one should take the cowards way out. isn't fair on the other person.

Or the person themselves when they regret it later
  • Options
    I think it is an uwful way to break up with someone. if you cant face them to tell them the news then you obviously were not grown up enough to be in a relationship. i would tell your mate that it takes a mature person to come face to face with their fears and take responsibility, YES they will be very upset but will look up to your friend as being mature and sensible.
  • Options
    *munches cookie :cool: