Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Introducing: Politics and Debate Chat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tonight, on TheSite, a chat like no other. A chat where you can discuss serious topics that cannot be discussed in support chat or general chat.

Introducing: Politics and Debate Chat. this Thursday, 8 until 9:30, here.

This is the chat for discussing anything you see in the news. Share your views. challenge and listen to the views of others.

This is a new kind of chat, and we want as wide a range of young people as possible to be able to participate. We recognise not all young people are the same. Some are loud, others are quiet. Some are more confident than others. Some are more intelligent than others. So we could be inclusive of as many young people as possible, we decided to create some guidelines, which set out how we want you to treat others in chat.

1.******* Speak your mind, but listen to others.
2.******* Hands down, there ain't a thing in the world everyone agrees with. Bear in mind that the point of starting a debate is to hear different views - so be prepared for others to disagree and show a different perspective.
3.******* Some perspectives may be shaped by personal experiences. It is okay to challenge those perspectives, but it is important to show sensitivity to users who share their personal experiences.
4.******* You can be passionate, but remember some users may not be as confident as you about expressing their views. We want politics and debate chats to be an inclusive environment where people can have their say without being intimidated or overwhelmed.
5.****** Remember it isn’t politics and insults; it is politics and debate. Even if you disagree with somebody, treat them with respect. If somebody insults you, rather than insulting them back, allow the moderator to respond to them. The moderator may be able to get them back on track or give them some time out so they can calm down.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :hyper:

Does this take the place of GC tonight or will there be three rooms?
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :hyper:

Does this take the place of GC tonight or will there be three rooms?

Three rooms :) GC will be with Sammy tonight
    **helen** wrote: »
    Three rooms :) GC will be with Sammy tonight

Ooh, yay... too many choices!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Ooh, yay... too many choices!
    Really wish I understood politics feel like I am missing out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Really wish I understood politics feel like I am missing out.

You're not missing out at all. I know bugger all about politics basically, but chats like these aren't always focused on literal politics. It'll be similar to the politics and debate forum - so various topics (I assume). Everyone will be just as welcome. Maybe you could give it a try if you want to and see what you think afterwards? That's what I'm going to do :p
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Think I may. You've convinced me dude. :heart:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Yep, no politics knowledge required! Come and observe, learn, join in where you can :) This is very much open to everyone.
    I was thinking when the new changes will be put in place and I do feel there's a couple on here that I've noticed on the boards who like expressing how they feel and show passion to what they believe in so they may find this interesting. Everyone as well so be allowed to share there opinion and no one has to be the perfect debater as there maybe topics being discussed and everyone will find it hard to answer it. Depends what the subject is but more importantly it's showing where your legal rights lie meaning your passion for this or that.

I don't think no other site has done this before so this should be good. I'm glad that there will be other changes to the site and not just cater for one group of people but a range of people. Good to still know that General Chat and Support Chat is still available. I wanted to ask, can someone swap rooms anytime they feel like it or not? Also what we're the other changes to the chat rooms? There was Political and Debate but what

That's really important to have se ground rules put in place just like any other chat we would have on here. Again I think it should be fair to say ur opinion by going round and not jumping in because as it being a political chat there can be anger and negativity which isn't the way to be and behave good like any other chat.

Who would be in charge of the Political Chat and throwing in questions to answer?

x