Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What have you learnt since joining TheSite?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Hi guys!

So this was the closing round in chat last night and there were some interesting answers, and I know some people were sad they missed out, so thought I'd make a thread.

What have you learnt since joining TS boards or chat? It can be anything, a random bit of trivia, a good way to support someone or a piece of advice you've been given about your own situation.

For me it would be that listening to someone can be as good/better than actually trying to offer support :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ninaballet wrote: »
    For me it would be that listening to someone can be as good/better than actually trying to offer support :)

Tempted to just quote you and leave it there! I think this is pretty counter-intuitive if you're 'new' at supporting people regularly, but invaluable once you understand it. :)

Also... similarly to how the ones with the least to give are usually the most generous, the ones with the most going on with their lives and the most to say seem to be the most eager to help and willing to listen. :chin:
    I think the biggest thing I've learnt from being a part of this community is that every single emotion or feeling stems from some sort of issue - nobody's ever angry just for the sake of being angry, for example, and I think that's a good thing to know as it helps you to deal with a situation in a positive way. Reaction and response is another thing I've learnt which I think I'll carry with me forever.

I've learnt so much by being a member here - I could literally go on all night about this :p
    One other thing, perhaps the most important:

Whatever you're feeling - you genuinely, really, seriously are not alone.