Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨


Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I moved address so I need to change my address with the DWP...but I'm really not comfortable in phone calls...I can't even talk to my girlfriend on the phone, Normally I'd ask my support worker to ring for me but now Ive moved cities this isn't an option anymore.
Do you know if its a possibility i could go into a Job centre branch and ask them in person if i could chage my address...Or does it all need to be done Via phone calls?..


  • Options
    Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Emmalee

    I've just been hunting around online and I can't get a definite answer. But I think if you go to your local Jobcentre you should be able to fill in a form and get them to send it off. It might be worth taking someone for moral support if you can?

    You could also write a letter to them (there should be an address on letters from them). This might be a bit slow though, and they do lose things so it would be worth getting it signed for so you know it's arrived.

    If that doesn't work, then your local CAB or other advice centre (see the "find help" tab on the side of the page) can make calls on your behalf.

    Hope that helps :)
Sign In or Register to comment.