Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Favourite childhood programmes!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:

I was chatting yesterday about the programmes my sister and I used to watch when we were younger and it was so nice to suddenly remember all of them/memories of watching them.

My all time favourite programme was Mr Blobby! :heart: I remember I had a video of him! I think I'd still love that on DVD now.

I loved Rosie and Jim, Bill and Ben the Flowerpot men, Tots TV, Rugrats, Dexters Lab! Aww I'd so love to spend a day just watching all of these! There's so many!

Which programmes did you guys like?

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I loved Bodger and Badger andMicrosoap - have seen both fairly recently and was disappointed :( I probably woldn't wtch anymore so I could kep the memories intact!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Bill and Ben the flowerpot men! :D

Used to love sabrina, charmed, dr who and the sarah jane adventures :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    I completely forgot about Microsoap plugitin. Me and my sister used to watch that all the time.

One's that stick out for me...

The Queen's Nose (I liked how all the characters were named after forms of music, Harmony, Melody etc)
    Aquila
    The Demon Headmaster (what a brute, enjoyed the books as well)
    Boy Meets World
    Art Attack(and the rumour that Neil Buchanan was dead)

Loads more, I won't bore you with cos I was a bit of a telly addict growing up.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The wild house. Found it strange but would still watch it. The Wild Thornberries, Grange Hill, Ed Edd and Eddy and Cat Dog.
    There needs to be a tv channel playing all our favourite childhood programmes.
    The Clangers, Bagpuss, Ivor the Engine, The Herbs - pretty much anything by small films or Oliver Postgate
    I also loved button moon. I quite liked the early queens nose too.

This makes me feel old!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Get your own back, demon headmaster, I think I used to watch the wild house(or was it fun house)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I used to obsess over the Powerpuff girls!! :p
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    omg omg omg ... does anyone else remember StuPid? :L with...... DEVIL FINGER! xD
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I remember that and the want it? Can't have it, want it? Can't have it.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,233 Supreme Poster
    I think I must be too old for microsoap - can't remember it at all!

Loved the demon headmaster though :)

As well as Biker Grove and Grange Hill.

Watched Button Moon recently and was seriously disappointed - sexist tripe! Loved it when I was three years-old though ;)
    Yeah my mum pointed it out the other day when I was watching it with little one (I'm going to have to stop calling him that soon, step little riot maybe instead??)
    Oh yeah I LOVED Art Attack! I even used to get the magazines too!
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Great thread butterfly :D

Lots of memories coming back!

A few that haven't been mentioned:
    • Malcolm in the Middle (recently rediscovered this - still a classic!)
    • Robot wars (giant axes, chainsaws, flame throwers, fire pits - what's not to love?!)
    • Buffy (because, of course..!)
    James wrote: »
    Great thread butterfly :D

Lots of memories coming back!

A few that haven't been mentioned:
    • Malcolm in the Middle (recently rediscovered this - still a classic!)
    • Robot wars (giant axes, chainsaws, flame throwers, fire pits - what's not to love?!)
    • Buffy (because, of course..!)
    I used to love watching robot wars :)

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Dinosaurs. Not the momma :)

Kenan and Kel
    Home improvements
    Are you afraid of the dark
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,233 Supreme Poster
    diff'rent strokes

gal-diffrent-strokes-jpg.jpg
    Malcolm in the Middle (recently rediscovered this - still a classic!)

This is something I used to love! Is it still on? :eek:
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Oh my, The Wild House!!
    I never really got into The Queens Nose. And I would probably still have nightmare about The Demon Headmaster - that was seriously scary!
    plugitin wrote: »
    Oh my, The Wild House!!
    I never really got into The Queens Nose. And I would probably still have nightmare about The Demon Headmaster - that was seriously scary!
    :heart:

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    This is something I used to love! Is it still on? :eek:

Nope, unfortunately - I'm just watching the classics!
    Think they might have done a remake though (probably not as good :p )
    Nope, unfortunately - I'm just watching the classics!
    Think they might have done a remake though (probably not as good :p )

It's on YouTube, I've been watching it since I came across it again! I love it!!
    Does anyone remember that programme, I think it was on Nickelodeon, they were brothers - one of them was good and his best friend was like some sort of talking bug - the other brother was purple and really naughty, and he bullied his brother all of the time, I think he used to call him girlpants? What's that programme called? I cant remember and it is doing my head in, and mum and sis can't remember either D:
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Cramp twins?
    Cramp twins?

Omg YES! Thanks!
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Thought I would copy and paste what I posted on old programmes
    Pingu, Look outside, Tweenies, Teletubies, Fireman Sam, Bear in The Big Blue House, Noddy, Rolie polie olie, Blue's clues, Dora the Explorer, Rugrats, Barney and Friends, Bob the Builder, Postman Pat, Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends, Little Bear, The Power Puff Girls, Arthur, The Berenstain Bears, Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, Clifford the Big Red Dog, The Wiggles, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, 64 Zoo Lane, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Madeline, Care Bears. There is loads more haha, i looked on this website for loads - http://www.tv.com/shows/category/kids/decade/2000s/<br/>
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    I miss Sesame Street - a world where people and puppets live together in harmony.

20_sesame_street_classroom.jpg?itok=tdsx-0sE
    The repeats of Saved by the bell are going to be shown on TV soon! I freakin' obsessed with that show when I was younger!