Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Results Day Celebrations/Commiserations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What do you plan to do on Thursday?

I am gonna go and get my results, ring my family to tell them what I got, and depending whether they are good, I will go out celebrating. If they not good enough, I will be spending the day on the phone.. :D and then going out to drown my sorrows.

How about everyone else?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Wake up about 9ish, we get ours from 10-11, so I'll get them and probably go back home to bed. Haven't seen 9am for ages, so I'm gonna be knackered. And I'm gonna go out whatever I get, and get very drunk!!

I'm pretty confident for the first time in my life about my results, so at the moment I'm not too worried. However if I don't get the grades, I'll probably spend the whole day trying to get a place somewhere else. I didn't choose an insurance choice, so it's gonna be a busy day if I don't get in.

Looking forward to it anyway!!
  • Options
    I have to work in athe afternoon agghhhhhhhh then going to watch my boyfriends punk band play in this big bar in town in the evening so probably stay there get stupidly pissed then move on somewhere else. and if the results are bad..well then I might just do the same or stay at home and be lectured by the parents.
  • Options
    Going to a bar b q then working 5-10:15. Then I ahve to work 9-6 the following day, so i can't even get that mashed!
  • Options
    We're having a BBQ aswell. Only getting AS results, but the worry is starting to set in now! Id put it out of my mind but now its getting hard to! Ah well. Concentrate on the BBQ after!
    ;):p;)
  • Options
    12 HOURS TO GO!!!!!!!
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
    I am doin a very drunkard party! :)
    Last year when I got my GCSE'z I slept in the town park! :-s
    Bopz :)
  • Options
    Get completely off my face and cry at how crap everything is. *sighs* Dunno. I know I've buggered it up so it won't make a difference. Just make stuff that little bit crappier.

I'm in a pap mood. Ignore me.
  • Options
    gonna go get my results about 9.30. i only just passed all my art units (AVCE Art), failed one and possible failed another which means chances are i fail the whole course. Also i got a D in AS english lit so wont really be able to do well in that either so gonna drink all day:D

should be a good night. going up town about 7 and then going clubbing and will hopefully be horribly drunk:D

Oh the joys of alcohol:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Schnap me Baby
    gonna go get my results about 9.30

Everyone is getting theirs well early! We cannot get our results until between midday and 4pm and priority is given to A level students so that means a long wait if we come at 12! oh well...more time to get nervous :(
  • Options
    I've taken slee[ping pills and bloody hell they have madfe me high
    !!!!!"! he he wooowooo!!! Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    priority is given to A level students

they have to do that really though so their students have the best chance of getting the uni places they want
  • Options
    Kate's Schedule:
    1.Get up....
    2. Drive to get results
    3. Cry
    4. Text Ross
    5. Txt Farish...speak to a few people
    6. Possibly pub for one but im driving ahhhhhhhh
    7. Go home to tell Mum.....lol by this time she'll have rang my phone a dozen times.
    8. Ring my Dad.
    9. Go see my grandma. that way i get cash....lol Ok i'll just ring her.
    10. Go see my best mate and her new baby.
    11. ????????????????
  • Options
    Ok, my results were better than I thought considering I revised the night before. Wooooo. Except for art though but that's just evil.

:)
  • Options
    Yup well ive just got mine.
    BBB wghich is fantastic and gets me into sheffield. Just need to convince them to let me defer now.

Kate x

How'd everyone else do?
  • Options
    I got 2D's at A Level and and D and E at AS Level which doesn't seem al ot but I only needed 120 points to study Geography at Greenwich Uni and I got 170 points!
  • Options
    my first choice uni offer was for 2 B's, i got a C and 2 D's. i was totally gutted. i was on the way home from dublin at the time and my friend text me my results, and 5 hours later when i got home my mum's all "there's a letter for you from that uni you applied to...." and i was like why would they send me a letter saying i didn't get in? so i opened it and it said i had got in despite my results!!!! I WAS SO PLEASED!!!

and now i can't decide whether or not to take a year out. i've always said i would but in a drunken conversation with a friend last nite, i realised, "do i want to stay at home while all my friends move on and start uni?" but at the same time i'm like totally not ready.
    sorry for ranting on a bit!
    congrats to everyone who got their results, good or bad, its still an achievement.
  • Options
    What I did yesterday:

Episode 1 - results
    Episode 2 - the dog (nearby pub)
    Episode 3 - drunken shampagne spraying wander through dullwich park
    Episode 4 - Harvester - Big chicken feast meal, chips, beer, wine and ALL YOU CAN EAT SALAD CART :D:D:D
    Episode 5 - the park (again) drunken catch, frisbee, baseball, football, talking etc
    Episode 6 - Nick's house
    Episode 7 - BIG BIG friend noodles at noodle place in greenwich (just down the road from nicks)
    Episode 8 - Back to nicks
  • Options
    I got 3 A's! I was in a state of total shock! It's off to the LSE for me, but at the cost of the woman I love, who is off to Newcastle. Sigh. Life's unfair.
  • Options
    i got 1 C and 2 D's. My english was two marks off a C though which is a bit annoying. nevermind i was pleased:)
  • Options
    i phoned everyoneone then went out for a meal then i went to the cinema