Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What's the meaning behind your name?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I can't sleep I start googling stuff and decided to see what the meaning was behind my name.
u8y7a8a6.jpg

Its just a bit of fun. What's yours?

Sent by Sony Xperia

Comments

• Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,677 Skive's The Limit
    What site is that from? That's important if you want people to do the same, as that's not the literal meaning of your name:
    "From the Hebrew name ??????? (Rivqah), possibly meaning "a snare" in Hebrew, or perhaps derived from an Aramaic name. This is the name of the wife of Isaac and the mother of Esau and Jacob in the Old Testament. It came into use as a Christian name after the Protestant Reformation, and it was popular with the Puritans in the 17th century." (behindthename.com)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No I know it wasn't the literal meaning 😊 it was just for a bit of fun. People can either find their literal meaning of their name or funny ones 😊

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Hannah
    Meaning & History
    From the Hebrew name*??????*(Channah)*meaning "favour" or "grace". Hannah is the mother of the prophet Samuel in the*Old Testament. As an English name,*Hannah*was not regularly used until after the*Protestant Reformation. The Greek and Latin version*Anna*is used in the*New Testament; this form has traditionally been more widely used as a Christian name
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    10616217_743838709014741_7654519203999354574_n.jpg?oh=a9289102518c5246858003a3aa5f223d&oe=54B944AD&__gda__=1421547207_33da09e3411c7893b338596dbb42018c

Pahahahaaa.
    Elise \e-li-se\ as a girl's name is pronounced el-LEES. It is of French and Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Elise is "God is my oath". Short form of Elisabeth. The form Élise was popular in France in the 17th century and was well-used as an English name by the 19th century, probably made famous by an 1810 Beethoven piano piece, "Für Elise"..

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The name Angela is given to people who are kind and sweet to others. She is very friendly and easy to get along with. Amazing personality. Sometimes sadness can get the best of her but to see her smile is like having the sun shine bright. But watch out just because she is fun and nice doesn't mean she can take care of herself she will put you in your place fast. She has the most amazing dark wavy hair and mysteries eyes. She can be hard to read at times but don't worry she is very trust worthy. She is smart, hard working, and a all around good person. She is also a friend to the four legged furry creatures. She is a friend to all.... :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    My name means famous warrior/ warrior maiden and my middle name is goddess of fairies, horses and the sea.
    "Land worker". I can't say it describes me, not even metaphorically.
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    So my name 'Pippa' means lover of horses (which I am not, in fact they terrify me!) it also means a lot of rude things in other languages :blush:. My Greek friend refused to call me by my first name for the whole time we were at uni. As a child my parents were probably shouting my name and saying some really rude things without realising it!
    PGreen wrote: »
    So my name 'Pippa' (...) means a lot of rude things in other languages :blush:. My Greek friend refused to call me by my first name for the whole time we were at uni.
    Yeah, you should see what they said when Middleton became famous...
    Yeah, you should see what they said when Middleton became famous...
    Although it's mainly dirty minds... The literal meaning of the word is "smoking pipe".
    PGreen wrote: »
    So my name 'Pippa' means lover of horses (which I am not, in fact they terrify me!) it also means a lot of rude things in other languages :blush:. My Greek friend refused to call me by my first name for the whole time we were at uni. As a child my parents were probably shouting my name and saying some really rude things without realising it!

Haha Pippa, only you ;)

Sent by Sony Xperia
    I'm loving reading these guys. They're great!!

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    my name one actually kinda describes me perfectly :P apart form the smart bit-.-
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    meaning behind my username,

My surname is Hart, so basically my un is Try "hart", that's it........................yeah i know it's lame lol