Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Expert chat: What do employers really want? (Wednesday 8th October, 6:45-8pm)

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
On Wednesday the 8th, we're running an expert chat called 'What do employers really want?'

What's the chat about
We'll be inviting Martijn from the company Hilton along to answer your questions around getting a job (not just in the hospitality industry, but anywhere!). This could include things like what skills or experience employers are looking for and how to boost them, or how to write a good covering letter or CV. It could also cover things like job interviews.

How will the chat work?
I'll be moderating this chat and will keep your questions in a queue so that Martijn can answer them one by one. However, we also really encourage you all to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful.

You will be able to log in as normal on the night in the usual place: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
We can accept questions in advance and put them to Martijn on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please PM me with it.

Everyone is welcome even if you're just interested to come along and watch :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is TONIGHT!!
  • Options
    Aaaaand, we're open!

Come on in
  • Options
    gutted I missed this - sorry! I work way too much at the moment!!!! :( Hope it went well!!
  • Options
    Aww that's a shame rach!
    We'll be uploading the transcript soon and will post back here when we do :)
  • Options
    cheers :thumb:
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    My interweb died off during this, I'm sowi :(
  • Options
    Oooh man I missed this too!!
  • Options
    We've now published the transcript from this chat :)

Read it here