Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's your vision?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

One of my colleagues showed me this website today called TalkLife, it's actually from Oz but it's a blog site with some inspiring stories on all kind of topics including quite a few around mental health.

I found this one really interesting and though it might be something that you creative lot might like! It's along the lines of a positive book but it's more focused in that it's about thinking, 'what if my mental health wasn't an obstacle?' - what could I see myself doing or being? She calls it a Vision Board.

vision-board.jpg

It's not for everyone as the author says, you need to be feeling inspired to get started and she even admits that when she first came across the idea,
it made me mad and only reminded me of what I wasn’t able to do and how weak that made me feel.

However, as she also explains, there is a lot of evidence out there that being able to visualise something before you do it can actually help you to get there! Also,
having a tangible record of your dreams or desires is beneficial because you can come up with ideas when you’re having a good day and they will be there to refer back to on a not so good day.

Ideas for the board include:
Inspiring quotes, letters to yourself or somebody else, art, photos of places you’d like to go or things you’d like to have, the job you might like to be doing, where you might like to live..

She finished by saying:
The main objective of a vision board really is to remind yourself that there are all these amazing things out there and when you look at them you can think about how awesome it’ll feel when you do get to experience them. It’s also a good way to show yourself a possible future, a positive one and one that gives you a reason to keep getting up every day and continue striving toward your goals!

So, who feels like making one?

:chin: