Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Social media

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just come across this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY

I think it's given me the reality check that I needed. I was just wandering what your guys views on it were?

Comments

• Options
    'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    It's definitely a very thought provoking video - thank you for sharing it!

I think he's got some really interesting points on how we're a bit consumed by technology and social media. But there are still a lot of great things and information that we learn from social media. I think there has to be a happy medium between the two.

What did you think about it when you saw it?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Okay, I absolutely adore this. I've got a thing for spoken word though so that could be why. ;)

No but really, I do think he's got a lot of great points. But as Alexandra said I think there is a happy medium, one most of us can find. :) Personally I spend a lot of time around technology, but I'd never stay home on my phone or laptop rather than seeing a friend or going out. I guess that's my medium.

The powerful thing is the overtones it has when it dawns on you how much of our lives and communication is actually absorbed in the ether. Scary stuff.