Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm getting sick of my mum telling me how to wear my clothing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so as far as I know young women don't always wear clothing over their stomach, sometimes under and it depends on the clothing for example I have found denim shorts and some jeans and jeggins which don't have a big enough crotch area to get over the stomach which is fair enough, I don't wear those type under the stomach.

I've seen how women dress and I know that not everything is designed to fit over the stomach! I got a nasty PM from my mum on facebook saying "U look like a boy, u got a boy belly, yr wearing those shorts under yr belly like boys do xxx". Reality is that I have a tad fat on my belly like a lot of women do and it doesn't exactly show through my tops.

Anyway she's carried on with the "You have a boys belly, pull your bottoms up over it" garbage and it's making it insecure, I don't know what to do? She's carried it on and she's arranged my birthday at an all you can eat restaurant and don't want any of this shit in my face whilst I'm trying to enjoy my birthday. As far as I am concerned I look fine in my clothing. The only problem I have is that my bottoms are a size bigger than they should be because I lost some weight.

10606585_525940807552689_8880712281719193894_n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Keep doing what you're doing now. As far as I can see, you look fine! Take no notice of her, enjoy your birthday and do whatever the hell you want. Its your body and your clothing, not hers. :)
  • Options
    I agree with Haych, it's your life and be yourself. You're look totally normal to me. So I would not take it too personal and wear the clothes which make you feel comfortable!
    Maybe she means it tooo good with you, like every mother, or what reason should she have to treat you like that?