Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Interesting quote

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Attachment not found.

Also, this: "By imposing too great a responsibility, or rather, all responsibility, on yourself, you crush yourself."~Franz Kafka

Thoughts? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    It's very true!

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    It's lovely but also a little bit sad that quotes can be so very powerful. I don't have any thoughts though.

What are your thoughts, Mike?
  • Options
    I think they carry a lot of truth - in particular, the second one. I've had some problems with making myself responsible for someone before and it certainly didn't do anybody any favours, and actually made me quite ill. Adopting someone else's problems can be pretty dangerous and I think it's something that can be easily done with the best of intentions. I have a bit of a thing for powerful quotes... I quite like them. :P I think they'd still be just as interesting if it was just writing though, without being a quote itself.

I feel like I am waffling.
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    MikeS wrote: »
    I think they carry a lot of truth - in particular, the second one. I've had some problems with making myself responsible for someone before and it certainly didn't do anybody any favours, and actually made me quite ill. Adopting someone else's problems can be pretty dangerous and I think it's something that can be easily done with the best of intentions. I have a bit of a thing for powerful quotes... I quite like them. :P I think they'd still be just as interesting if it was just writing though, without being a quote itself.

I feel like I am waffling.

I personally believe that waffling is essential to clever ideas, so don't worry. :d I love quotes too, have them as my screensaver, and can spend hours reading them when I'm a bit meh. Another one to consider is

'He who binds himself to a joy/ Does the winged life destroy/ But he who kisses the joy as it flies/ Lives in eternity's sunrise.' William Blake
  • Options
    'He who binds himself to a joy/ Does the winged life destroy/ But he who kisses the joy as it flies/ Lives in eternity's sunrise.' William Blake

I liiiike that!
  • Options
    VW09.jpg