Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bread Pudding...HELP?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was thinking about making bread pudding and I've never made it before I just want plane bread pudding though, not bread and butter, I was wondering if anyone had made it before and could share like potential recipes with me?

Comments

• Options
    All you need to remember is 2, 4, 6. My Nan made it all the time and thats what she told me :) So 2 cups of milk, 4 eggs and 6 pieces of bread. Obviously if you wanted it smaller then half it and bigger double. Then if you want raisins add as many as you like. Then I think it's something ridiculous like 3 cups of sugar.
    Then there's all your optional stuff like vanilla extract and cinnamon etc

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Then, how'd you go about making it?
  • Options
    Basically all you do is break the bread into pieces then in a separate bowl mix all the other stuff together then pour it over the bread. I think you bake it for 20 minutes or until golden Brown colour

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Just made it myself for Ramadan, however, I do it slightly different to Becki's, leaving it much finer without the bread sticking out, will upload a picture later. It's a really easy recipe!

Get 6-8 pieces of bread (You can include the crust or remove it, either is fine)
    Milk - 4-5 Cups of milk, I know it seems a lot, but still :P

Put the bread and the milk in a blender, and leave the bred to get soggy for a bit, to blend later.

In a separate bowl mix the eggs (Preferable using an electric whisk) and then slowly combine one cup of sugar. You can add more sugar if you wanted to, but I find one cup to be enough, then mix in the Vanilla.

4-5 Eggs
    And 1 Cup of sugar!
    2-3 Caps of Vanilla Extract (Optional)

Then add a teaspoon of baking powder. (It helps) (Whisk it in)

Now blend the bread and milk in the blender and slowly add it to your other mix (Try doing it bit by bit, rather than all at once, and use your electric mixer, if you have one).

(Now add any additional dry fruit, and nuts you may want - I prefer mine plane). (But you can always sprinkle nuts on top once it's out of the oven).

The mixture is meant to be runny, place it in an oven proof dish, at 180 degree's for an hour to an hour and a half. Make sure you cover the top with tin foil, and also place the over proof dish (Preferably a glass one) in another dish which has water in (I think it stops the bottom from burning).

To check if it's done, poke it with a toothpick a few times, and if no batter sticks, then it's done, and leave it to cool down and settle a bit more (I left it in the over) Then, DIG IN!
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Here's the bread pudding I made today, from two different angles, obviously, you can't see the bread, which I like, and I still have to sprinkle some of those green nuts of top, what are they called again?

10313701_709054262493186_6112299490899707670_n.jpg?oh=3ec9ab1373c7422df985e9c687fddbf9&oe=5456EDD1

10492257_709054189159860_7746715387108672285_n.jpg

It top of it slightly tore in the middle though! #RookieMistake, however, I think I should start my own YouTube cook show ;)