Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Accusations means compensation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys....

So what do we think of the thousands of accusations that have been made in the past few years......

I have no doubt that some of these are genuine but others I have no doubt are either about score settling or money...Jim Davidson was a good example. Even after Le vell, Jim Davidson etc were proven innocent they were still grilled by the press. Should we have anonymity?

These days people seem very keen to know about your finances and I think it is no coincidence that all these accusations are being made in the worst recession ever. Would all these accusations still be being made if there was no chance of them getting compensation......I doubt it! Are there really this many people like Saville or are we breading a nation of gold diggers?

I think some people don't seem to realise the knock on effects.....there are so many of these cases the police can deal with before genuine crimes are neglected. I hope I never need the emergency services but I am in doubt on the length of time they will take before they will respond to a 999 call

Comments

• Options
    The people who deal with these cases are not the people who would respond to 999 calls anyway so no need to worry about any supposed knock on effect.

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of people like Saville. I think there are very few people who would go through the process unless they were actually victims because it really is a gruelling process. And there needs to be enough evidence to charge and for it to be taken to court - The CPS don't take things lightly. Compensation is a route very few people take up and again it's gruelling.

Research has shown that 1 in 4 women and 1 and 6 men have been sexually assaulted so I think unfortunately there's been an epidemic of sexual violence and it's only now that people have felt that they can come forward.
  • Options
    What an amazing bit of victim blaming. It couldn't possibly be that men sexually abuse children and young women, it must be that young women are "gold diggers" out to buy a new Plasma TV.

If raping a child isn't a "genuine crime", I really don't know what is. Would it help if they were murdered after being raped?

You really are a nasty piece of work, aren't you?
  • Options
    It couldn't possibly be that 'men' sexually abuse children and young women

Your attitude is the reason why 90% some occupations are now dominated by females. You are aware that women rape other women...or is that impossible for you to understand? You never heard of children abusing other children? No, it's always 'men'. Being male is a crime in itself these days.
  • Options
    Your attitude is the reason why 90% some occupations are now dominated by females.

Huh?
    You are aware that women rape other women...or is that impossible for you to understand?

I don't think they do, unless they're a woman who has a penis.
  • Options
    Being male is a crime in itself these days.

No it isn't, your argument is also flawed. Regardless of whether women sexually assault other women, still doesn't change the fact that some men do rape women as well.

Also, just because some children may abuse other children, doesn't mean that men don't do it either.

If you're shallow enough to believe that someone stating fact is making a personal attack against all men, then I think you need to think about things a little more before typing.
  • Options
    For the love of God, is this for real?

Wow.
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    For the love of God, is this for real?

Wow.

I am wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    Maybe you guys are right, maybe all males are perverts. People certainly seem to think that.
  • Options
    Maybe you guys are right, maybe all males are perverts. People certainly seem to think that.

The only one making nasty generalisations around here is you, Brainiac.

Perhaps you want to rethink branding everyone who alleges they were sexually abused as "gold diggers". Especially as you're on a website for young people, a good chunk of whom have mental health conditions caused by sexual abuse. It's hard enough encouraging the victims of abuse to come forward, encouraging them to understand that they'll be believed, without [Edit]people saying things like this[/Edit].
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey everyone,

It seems like there's potentially a really interesting debate here about how the justice system works (e.g. should people accused of a crime have anonymity).

However, it feels like this thread has become pretty confrontational and has moved far beyond anything constructive, so I'm closing it now.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this :thumb:

Thanks,
    James
This discussion has been closed.