Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No makeup what do you think?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so saw this video after a friend shared it, wondered what others thought?

I love the video personally and completely agree with whats being said, women but girls especially are fed all this rubbish by the media about how they should look and sadly most believe it and its not right. More needs to be done like this to raise awareness and make people accept themselves for who they are because ultimately everyone is beautiful :heart:

http://www.elle.com/news/beauty-makeup/colbie-caillat-try-video-makeup-transformation

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree. People shouldn't be shaped in to what they look like by the media telling them what's acceptable and what's not. Nowadays there seems to be a line between who you are normally and who you are when you want to "look good". Sometimes it's difficult to tell the two apart. People become more and more generic with makeup and whatnot and it's a shame the individuality disappears. Nobody needs to apply layers of chemicals to their face to be attractive. A lot of girls say it's for their own confidence, which is almost worse (just because that's true). Digressing slightly, this is worth a look too. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Totally agree. People shouldn't be shaped in to what they look like by the media telling them what's acceptable and what's not. Nowadays there seems to be a line between who you are normally and who you are when you want to "look good". Sometimes it's difficult to tell the two apart. People become more and more generic with makeup and whatnot and it's a shame the individuality disappears. Nobody needs to apply layers of chemicals to their face to be attractive. A lot of girls say it's for their own confidence, which is almost worse (just because that's true). Digressing slightly, this is worth a look too. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

Not really digressing at all! That is equally as shocking to see how much someone can be changed and photoshoppd to be someone there not!

Im someone who has never wore makeup due to sensitive skin but its sad to see my sister and friends who have fallen into the 'without make up i look ugly or i need it for self confidence' path. Because actually often its the beauty underneath which is the real beauty.

I particularly like this video (original one) and what she has to say as its what a guy has said. Often girls and women use the 'boys like it' but this shows that actually guys ultimately want women to happy, they dont care about the outer beauty more the inner beauty and you being you.
  • Options
    I either wear no make up or i go all out. I wear make up like other people use tattoos - as a method of self expression. I think more people are moving towards using it like that and less because they feel like they need it. But i think the media has spread a lot of seeds of self doubt in the minds of lots of young women's developing minds and it ends up becoming a bit of a self perpetuating myth that its needed to fit it or to make you feel better or whatever.