Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Annoying And Disrespectful Neighbours.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm wondering if anyone is able to give some advise and try to help.

I live at home with my mum and dad in a council estate and the next door neighbours are horrible, they have over the past 6 years removed the adjoining fence separating our two gardens. Now they have let their friends move in leading the place to be over crowded for the set amount in each house.
Since these people have moved in they have moved chicken, roosters and dogs in which all has poor condition of houses its all made from scrap wood taken from wherever a lot of it from what was the fence and god knows what the inside of the house looks like.
For months the roosters would be going off at any hour of the morning or day.
They walk all over our garden, use it as a short cut and let their dog use our garden as a toilet. They have respect for no one.
We've been trying to speak to the council for months but they don't seem interested and the RSPCA only have now seemed to care since I sent them footage of cock fighting and killing a chicken.
What can be done to get removal of these neighbours? or anything else we can do?
help would be really appreciated.


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm really sorry to hear that u and ur family have to go through this terrible time living at home with such horrible neighbours, I couldn't think of anything worse then bad neighbours at home. You can't pick ur neighbours who u live with and I know u already realise that but there comes a point where u do not disrespect other people's private property.

    The least important thing u should worry about is not getting on with them as everyone has someone who they don't get on with around their neighbourhood but there is no way they should reck ur home, that is beyond the law and I'm glad u spoke to the council about this. Have they said anything discriminating against u or ur family? If so then u should report them to the police immediately.

    I don't think it would be any good for u to speak to them in person as I suppose u already have done but still not got anywhere. The only way u may get an answer to ur question is getting the police involved by taking appropriate action. If this has been like this for the past few months then u need to either speak to the council again by going in this time with not ringing and speaking to an advicer there who will have to listen to u and sort something out or get the police involved if things have been going on for a very long time.

    Ruining someone else's property is by all means wrong and inappropriate behaviour towards ur neighbours and it should have to be put up with so I have think the best thing I can do is speak to the council again about this and take up with one of the trained legal advicers or get the police involved but that's only if they are becoming a real nuisance to then ring the police.

    There is something else u could do to get legal advice living at home and that is going onto The Citizens Advice Bureau website where u can find useful information about anti social behaviour and taking appropriate action where u can either speak to a trained advicer on the website or visit ur local branch which may be best to do so u can talk face to face informally.

    They will hopefully give u some free advice on what to do and how u can take action. Worth speaking to them. I dont know where abouts u live but if u got on the website then u could find out where ur local branch is and know wether u have got one in ur area or not. I think that's a plan u can take with u but in the mean time u should still keep an eye out on what's still going on at home and keep a note on varies situations what would help benefit u and ur family when giving evidence to let them know that this is going on around ur area and it's serious circumstance.

    With u not getting the right service from the RSPCA due to poor animal conditions can be again be a serious matter and I would think for u to contact the RSPCA again won't be a disadvantage but more an advantage this time round. You got nothing to lose and showing them proof that this is happening will improve ur chances of getting them to do something about it.

    For more information about living at home u can go onto The Site help and advice pages if u need further help. I don't know if ur firmilar with The Site Website but if not all u need to do is log in as normal, go onto the link right at the top of the page where it says menu and click onto the the link and u should see all different topics on numerous subjects including sex and relationships, mental health, money and advice and travel and home so one of them should include ur search for advice on the topic. I really do hope that I have been some form of help towards u and if u need anyone to talk to about anything what's on ur mind then speak to me or to anyone on the site including The Mods.

    Let me know how it goes and remember to have a look at everything I have spoken to u about on the website. Good Luck to u and ur family and hopefully u will get this sorted out straight away. Nice speaking to u and talk soon.

    From Crazykiss :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Demonruin,

    Welcome :) Just moving this into home, law & money for you as more people are likely to see and respond there. :)

    Looks like crazykiss has given you a few good options consider though - particularly relating to trying again with council if you can face it, but also perhaps trying out your local citizens advice bureau: http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice.htm

    Can you tell us a bit more about actions taken by RSPCA?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you Helen. I wanted to give him the best advice possible as him and his family weren't getting anywhere and I was really sympathetic towatds him. Do u want me to tell u how he can get in touch with the RSPCA or him
  • 'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Demonruin!

    I'm sorry to hear about your tricky neighbours, as there is no doubt that a horrible neighbour can make you feel annoyed and angry in your own home.

    That's quite frustrating that the council have yet to respond to your complaints. The following article has some helpful tips on how to deal with neighbours from hell. The article outlines your rights and gives you the actions you can take to make sure that your rights are upheld. It suggests that as a last resort (if all other pleas and complaints have not been answered) to get an Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) placed on them.
    This can ban them from certain behaviour or geographical areas. But be warned, should a court hearing go ahead, the magistrate will want to hear evidence from several people in the community, so it might be worth getting your (nicer) neighbours to go in on it with you.

    Have you also tried mentioning to the council that there are too many people in the house and that they have an excessive amount of pets? Knowing that there is additional wear and tear being taken on their property might get things rolling a bit quicker. Also, if the RSPCA get involved you might have extra leverage when talking to the council.

    Has anything changed since your post?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's worth thinking about Demonruin. If u tried speaking to the council and RSPCA about this then u should go ahead with what Alexander is saying. Hopefully when action is taking place then u and ur family will feel safer in ur community and they have no other way to ruin ur lives. They know exactly what they are doing so make sure u keep reporting them and get the justice u deserve. Hope u feel better soon and remember they will get caught out eventually, it's a slow process.
Sign In or Register to comment.