Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Update

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

So I've been quite well over the last few months. I can't remember the last time I self-harmed or felt suicidal. My mental health problems still exist but I feel like I'm coping a lot better. Which is great! I've survived insane deadlines and my most important exams to date (although haven't had results yet - eeeeek).

I basically told the CMHT to go fuck themselves after getting 3 different CPNs in so many months and getting no talking therapy after 2 years with them.

So there is a lot of good in this post...but there is some bad. Sooooo I ended up in hospital with a ?stomach problem just over a month ago. Ever since then I hadn't made myself sick because it sort of scared me into stopping. I finally had a scan today, and everything was normal, and well straight back into bad habits now that I don't have that fear. Already made myself sick :(

I don't want to have this problem and I know I shouldn't do it, but at same time in my head the benefits outweigh the negatives and I don't actually want to stop :chin: Not really sure what to do from here.... I know that help on the NHS just isn't there for me, and I can't afford any private healthcare. So far I've had to rely on myself and only me to solve my issues, but I guess I feel like I need some prodding in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    First things first.

Well done you. Really, really, really well done you. You've done an absolutely fantastic job of looking after yourself (and others) recently and shown what a super star you are.

Glad to hear scan didn't find anything sinister - but I'm sure it doesn't take me to tell you that just because there's nothing immediately obvious on the scan it doesn't mean that making yourself sick isn't related to the stomach problems. Getting the scan out of the way is another big one to tick off the list, but can I be really dull and point out that making yourself sick really isn't going to be doing wonders for your stomach and see if can nudge a little bit of that fear back and suggest that continuing to do it might end up with you back in hospital and miserable again.....

Fear should be less, but fear probably shouldn't be completely gone.

But well done young lady - you're a superstar.
  • Options
    Cheers :)
  • Options
    Doing a bit of a crap job at looking after myself. I'm living alone and it just makes bad habits too easy.
  • Options
    Now now. It means you can have minor slip ups more easily. Doesn't mean you have to fall back into the habits. Xx
  • Options
    Ite really great to hear how well your doing. It's a great achievement to stop self harming so well done! :)
    As scary said although it's great that you've had the all clear from your scan, it doesn't mean what your doing isn't damaging your body in some shape or form. But equally I understand how hard it is to get out of the mind set. Especially when your living by yourself
    But I think you should be incredibly proud of yourself because you've accomplished so much and your always so lovely and helpful on chat :)
    Sending lots of cuddles *hug*

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Sending lots of love and hugs *hug*

I believe in you. Being alone is really hard, I know that. Try setting yourself small goals and take it step by step.

If I can do anything at all let me know x