Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how are the results shown?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm getting my AS results on Thursday and I was wondering whether they give you a single grade for each subject or the grades for each module, or both?! Is it all on one piece of paper?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They give you a breakdown of you marks for each module and your grade. I'll show you my Law AS result as an example.

5161 LAW 250 A [a]

June 01 LAW1 Law Making [90] 90
    June 01 LAW2 Dispute Solving [90] 76
    June 01 LAW3 The Concept of Liability [120] 84

The mark in bracket indictaes the maximum mark. That's how AQA set it out. Edexcel probably just fake the results and hand you a slip with made up grades on. :D

Edit: VB doesn't allow lots of spaces or tabs so it looks crap but you get the general jist..
  • Options
    I think 2 of my exams were OCR and 2 exams were Edexcel. I did an Edexcel Economics module in January and it just had your score out of 90 on the front of the bit of paper then on the back it showed you how to convert it into a grade.
  • Options
    I did edexcel and they are in the same format as AQA :)
  • Options
    OCR do a general grade then a break down later on wheres AQA leaves you to work them out. LOL or the other way round. So make sure you work them out right!!!

Look at the back and look out of 300 not 600 as thats a-levels. Follow that and you'll be fine!