Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi there

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

My Name is Julie, I am 38 and a mum of 3 girls aged 12, 9 and 8. I have suffered with Mental health issues for as long as i can remember. It has taken me 25 years to get diagnosed with severe pmt and am under a consultant for it. I have been successfully treated for over a year now with Coil and HRT patches. On top of that i have had depression for many years with various treatments.
In October 2013 i had a Full blown crisis due to personnal circumstances but also heavily influenced by an nasty event at work. I was off work for 3 months, under the crisis team for 6 weeks and with the vocational support team for 4 months. I have been back at work since early February but to a different job. I have gone from being way over worked (2 employees now doing my 1 job) to doing a job that was offered to me unexpectidly at my phased return to work meeting. It was for an admin assistant but is more like a PA role. I am sat with masses of time with not a thing to do. For the first few months i could find things to do, general house keeping etc, but i have done all that!! Company is undergoing the 2nd restructure in 2 years. My job is safe. but my line manager is covering his seniors role and interviewed for the role permenantly but keeps assuring me that the role will pick up i have had the guts to sit down and tell him that i have absolutely nothing to do because the day drags by so slowly.... he passes me stuff to do for a few days then i go dead again!!.
I live a 6 hour drive away from my family and my hubbies mum passed away a few years ago, his 2 children from his previous marriage have their own families and have very little to do with us (they were the reason we stayed here). We lost everything 6 years ago through bankruptcy and are back on our feet and have a local authority house which in itself is lovely. Area not too great. I am so so lonely and down my eldest is entering into womanhood and hormone central has hit. because i am really low my youngest 2 are very clingy!! my husband works 12 hour days and just sleeps of an evening and i have had enough. He hates his job.
We have awanted to move to Wales near my family for a while but it has never been the right time. It is now coming to the end of a school year, we are both incredibly unhappy here and with jobs it is make or break time.
We are going. kids go when school finishes and we follow 4 weeks later. We will have enough for a deposit and a couple of months rent and then.... it is incredibly scary but for the sake of my wellbeing and that of my family who have already been through hell. If i stay here i am headed straight back to crisis point. I need my mum and my sister close by.
We can stay with my mum until we find jobs, kids in the house and me and him in the caravan out front :-) interesting times but we both feel that it is the right thing to do and my doctor supports us and will help with anything she can.

Thats it in a nutshell :crazyeyes

My head feels like a shed!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey :wave: I'm Becki

It sounds like you've been through quite a lot in your life and its great that your reaching out for support. If I remember rightly TheSite is mainly for 16-25 year olds so the information on here and provided by people may not be quite what your looking for. Have you tried elefriends www.elefriends.org.uk? These are a part of the mind website and are open to anyone of any age. Maybe you could take a look?

Of course I think you could stay here but I just want you to get the best support
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi Julie,

Welcome to TheSite boards!
    There's a lot happening in your life at the moment and it all seems like it's pretty overwhelming. It's not always easy opening up like that. Do you feel a bit better for getting it all out?

If you feel like talking about it, the best place to start a conversation would probably be our Health & Wellbeing forum. It's just worth bearing in mind that TheSite is aimed at people aged 16-25, so some of the places we'd normally suggest to get help might not be relevant. Having said that, you're more than welcome here - lots of us are outside of that range :)

There's more info about this place in this thread.

See you around!
    James (mod)