Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Repaying a favour to a stranger?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I'm staying at a hotel, and forgot to bring my passport. Luckily, the receptionist let me stay (I showed him a bus pass that has my face and name).
I'd like to repay the favour... Is it acceptable to give him something? What could that be?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would suggest something simple like a card and chocolate maybe?
    Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I always loved it when a customer brought something in as a thank you for something. Made us all feel appreciated.

Maybe chocolate/cake or something, or a nice big tip!
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Chocolates always go down good in hotels! :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I didn't see him again after that night. I left a thank you card (the only one I could find that wasn't pink and/or covered in flowers and butterflies) and a box of Ferrero Rocher with another receptionist and asked for it to be passed along.
    I hope they don't keep it for themselves... Or worse, that it's considered bribery.
  • Options
    bribery for what? hehe, are you likely to stay there again and they might think you're bribing him for a better room? :p

iv never showed my passport to stay in a hotel room! apart from in America I think.
  • Options
    Who knows, maybe I'll spread the rumour that "He'll let anyone get in without proof of identity if you give him chocolate"? :p

Every hotel I've stayed in required some official proof of ID.