Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mental health. not knowing what to do.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

So lately I have been finding everything super hard
and i mean everything
the simplist task of getting out of bed is so hard
i just dont want to be any where or talk to anyone and its hard

im in my finale year at school and well that is hard
the ending is too soon and as soon as I finish school I will be moving homes which is a good things as my care home is really bad and i have endless issues with the girls and my home is one of many reasons why i feel so bad and so low i guess.

I have had enough of seeing cahms
and i have had enough of seeing the same 4 hospital walls all the time

every time something happens
my care home rings cahms out of hours and they send me to the silly hospital who then keep me in over night and make me see a cahms worker who will then tell me a load of rubbish

i need help but the things is i cant get it and im now worried it will effect my exams to much
its already effecting my health (physically)
im never sleeping
not eating
hardly talking to anyone

im a mess and I dont know what to do anymore

Comments

• Options
    Hey Leloleann,

I hope it helped to be able to get all that down - it sounds like you have a lot swimming around in your head at the moment and you're not sure what to do for the best.

You mention that you're not eating and sleeping because of the way you feel..
    i need help but the things is i cant get it and im now worried it will effect my exams to much
    its already effecting my health (physically)
    im never sleeping
    not eating
    hardly talking to anyone

Your physical and mental health are really interconnected and when you're not sleeping or eating your mental health will be affected too, they really influence each other. So, I wonder if trying to get a bit of routine into your days might help you to feel a bit better - even if it's just that you'll try to have three small meals in the day and then take a walk in the afternoon and then do something self-soothing before bed to try and get you into bedtime mode - a bubble bath or reading or listening to some relaxing music. Sometimes finding a bit of routine can really help - those suggestions might seem like too much so maybe take smaller steps if you need to, what do you think? What's your routine like at the moment?

You also mentioned this pattern with CAMHS - could you maybe speak to your camhs worker and work on some strategies for when 'something happens' so that you don't always follow this same path if it's not helping. Your care home probably don't have much choice in the action they take as they have a duty of care to look after you but perhaps you could talk to someone there too about coming up with some alternative ideas or things that might help if you feel a really low moment coming on?

The stress of the final year and exams is really understandable, you're certainly not alone in feeling that pressure right now - is there anyone you can talk to or revise with, making yourself a bit of a timetable for the next few days might be a first step? Just making that first step to let someone in a bit might help you to feel less alone. We've got some info on TheSite about coping with exam stress that might help too: http://www.thesite.org/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/exam-stress-1241.html

Let us know how you're getting on, we're here to listen and help if we can. Sending hugs *hug**hug*
  • Options
    Hey

Well done for posing this on the boards.

Sorry to hear that u are having a really hard time at the moment :( that sucks. Have u spoken to ur cams and told them that u don't want to see them. Have u got anyone that u can trust that u tell them everything. it's hard to talk loss of people Ian the same with talking to people :(. I keep it in all the time. U need support u don't have o be like this it's not fair on u hun glad u come on here

Here some thing that u could try
    1. Make a spidergram
    2. Mak a dariy day to day how ur feeling

Here spmeone that u called talk to
    Childline 24/7 up to 18 u can talk to
    Number is 08001111
    Helpline- https://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

Samatians- 24/7 up to any age
    There number- 8845909090
    http://www.samaritans.org/

Have u spoken to ur gp

Hopes this helps
    Keep posting
  • Options
    Hi guys.

Bubbles-heather. I have spoken to my gp but it's a waste of time as always
    The gp is rubbish the amount of times I have been told to talk to my Cahms worker is just silly
    My Cahms worker doesn't help and not seeing her regularly doesn't help
    She just repeats herself and repeats herself so much it's stupid

I find that childline and Samaritans don't help me much and I find I have to explain more than I want to and it's hard for me to communicate with people sometimes

Jo7
    My daily routine is a bit weird as some morning I start later than normal
    But I can never eat breakfast
    Eating breakfast makes me sick so I usually eat a bowl of fruit at like 11am which is good
    I tend to get lunch at 13:30 as that is what time my lunch time is
    Tea is usually eaten at 17:30 to 18:30. But tea and lunch I mainly skip and replace with fruit during the day
    Bedtime is 10pm but I start to settle at 8pm with half hour TV or laptop time and then I have a bath
    After my bath I will sit in a darkish room with a book and a cup of hot milk
    And then I try to sleep for 10 but that hasn't been working lately and I can't seem to get used to a change of routine so I just stay up and fall asleep when I feel sleepy

Taking to Cahms is a waste of time because they just repeat everything after they have already said it
    I've tried talking to them but tbh it hasn't worked so I've given up trying with that

School is just a mess so that making everything a lot harder

The problem with my care home is
    I live with 3 demanding girls
    We on,y have 4 member of staff on each day and yes that give us the portion of 1 staff with 1 girl but it doesn't work that way as they always need all 4 carers and when there with me the girls call them away ans they just listen it the girls
    But my other issue is. The staffing team isn't stable we have new staff each week and it's hard for me to get used to it all so I struggle a lot on that aspect with staff
    I have a key worker who has been stable but he's always with the others so I get no where really :(
    Thank you. -hugs -