Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Panicing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I know I made a thread a couple of days ago but I really need help. I just saw a person, and I know they can't have really been there, my dad says they weren't there, and it makes no sense for a person to be there, but I saw them, and I'm basically panicing now. I'm really scared because the voice is telling me that it was real but I don't know, I can't think! If it was real then I'm in danger, but it logically doesn't work and my head won't slow down enough to think anything through... I'm not even sure if what I'm typing makes any sense :shocking:
My heads loud, very loud, and I can't think :banghead:
I hate feeling so scared, I hate not having room for anything but fear :crying:
I don't even know, I guess I just needed to say that

Comments

• Options
    Hi Volcano, this sounds like it was a really scary experience for you - how was the rest of yesterday for you? Were you able to try using the headphones to distract yourself at all?

I hope it helped to be able to come and post here and just get out what was happeneing - it really sounds like it's time to go back to your GP and to tell someone exactly what you've been experiencing.

You mentioned you may be getting some more support from CAHMS again soon - do you think you feel able to chase that up? it sounds like you could do with that support as soon as possible.

You don't have to cope with this all on your own and the best way to start moving away from all this fear is to reach out for some professional support and try to be as honest and open as you can about what's going on for you.

Let us know how you're doing.

*hug*
  • Options
    I have been listening to music and it does help distract me a bit. I'm seeing CAMHS on Tuesday (29th) and I'll be telling him all of it then, until then I'm just trying to ignore it or distract myself... it's not really working. I've just got to focus on getting out the door tomorrow to go back to school (after easter), but I'm really not wanting to go outside. I feel really exposed outside. But i have to go, I have no choice.

Just got to keep holding on I guess :(