Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nits! Best solutions for them?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 24 and I've managed to get nits from Riotbf's little one.

So nit comb at the ready, but what of all the millions of treatments actually work first time?

Any parents of little people got any advice?

I've also got bleached and dyed hair so something that preferably just kills the nits and not my hair.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have used the hedrin 8 hour solution and the full marks 15 minute ones before and both worked well. Use a ton of conditioner too. They are the bane of my life at the moment. My class (I'm a teacher) is rife at the moment and had them twice this year. To stop them them coming back you will need to treat the child's head too. Otherwise they will keep reappearing.
  • Options
    Only thing I've ever really found works was the condition and comb - repeatedly. I've not come across anything that works first time.

Littlemissy probably has more recent experience and the chemicals might have got better.
  • Options
    The only problem with the conditioner and comb is that if you miss just one then they will be back with a vengeance. And it's hard to see your own head to make sure they are all gone.
  • Options
    Little one's mother unfortunately decided to shave his head rather than treat them...poor little mite.

I'll give the full marks a go if I can. Can you get it at supermarket or only chemists?
  • Options
    I got it at my giant tesco. Make sure to comb thoroughly too. And stock up on conditioner.
  • Options
    I'm sure we used tee tree oil when I was younger.
  • Options
    That's good as a preventative, not to get rid.