Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sexual abuse?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone else has been through this or is it just me? My parents sexually abused me and let other men abuse me in return for money. I feel so disgusting but luckily I'm in care now. Just wondered if I was alone, cause I feel it...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been there once, when my college professor told me that He will fail my grades if I don't make out with him. I got so scared because I am maintaining my scholarship as a Dean's Lister and can't afford to fail even one subject. It's so hard people try to abuse those weaker ones for their benefits. I can feel you're strong, don't be disgusted, there are people who love you and that thing won't matter to them. (Sorry for my bad english, I'm Asian)
    Of course other people on this planet have been sexually abused. A quick google search yields these results for sexual child abuse in America.
    Studies by David Finkelhor, Director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center, show that:

-1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse;
    -Self-report studies show that 20% of adult females and 5-10% of adult males recall a childhood sexual assault or sexual abuse incident;
    -During a one-year period in the U.S., 16% of youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
    -Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of U.S. youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
    -Children are most vulnerable to CSA between the ages of 7 and 13.

Since this is a charity board that supports troubled youth or something along those lines you probably will find a good number of people on here who have been through similar experiences.

I am sorry this happened to you, I wish you the best for your healing.
    Becki you are certainly not alone. It feels it a lot at times but remember the abuse is never your fault lovely. I'm sorry that you have experienced it have you spoken about what has happened?! I know I find it difficult putting the abuse that happened to me in words and have only recently started opening up about what happened to me but it's defiantly worth letting those feelings out safely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beckiboo!!

Hello! Are you getting any help from authorities or has the government made so many cutbacks that you feel you are alone? You can talk to me in live chat anytime. Have a talk to someone at college about it, or speak to people on youtube. You are going to university soon right?

Lee (Bmyvalentine)
    Hey there :)

I haven't been sexually assaulted, but I can't even imagine how you would have been feeling at the time and even now! :(

I've just graduated univeristy doing Fine Art and based my studio practice on Liberal Feminism and tackled these sorts of issues as they're ones I feel very strongly about.

I wish you good karma and that life works out well for you :)

Rosie xx
    I've been there once, when my college professor told me that He will fail my grades if I don't make out with him. I got so scared because I am maintaining my scholarship as a Dean's Lister and can't afford to fail even one subject. It's so hard people try to abuse those weaker ones for their benefits. I can feel you're strong, don't be disgusted, there are people who love you and that thing won't matter to them. (Sorry for my bad english, I'm Asian)
    I'm sorry this happened to you. It sounds like an awful experience. Don't worry about your English because I thought it was very good
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Of course other people on this planet have been sexually abused. A quick google search yields these results for sexual child abuse in America.

Since this is a charity board that supports troubled youth or something along those lines you probably will find a good number of people on here who have been through similar experiences.

I am sorry this happened to you, I wish you the best for your healing.

I know there are people out there but never come across anyone struggling. That's why I came here.
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    Becki you are certainly not alone. It feels it a lot at times but remember the abuse is never your fault lovely. I'm sorry that you have experienced it have you spoken about what has happened?! I know I find it difficult putting the abuse that happened to me in words and have only recently started opening up about what happened to me but it's defiantly worth letting those feelings out safely :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear what you have been through. Yeah I have spoken to people about it but never face to face (if this makes sense?) Its always written down etc. I would like to talk to one of my carers about it but never know how to bring it up - shes always busy. How are you finding talking about it?
    Beckiboo!!

Hello! Are you getting any help from authorities or has the government made so many cutbacks that you feel you are alone? You can talk to me in live chat anytime. Have a talk to someone at college about it, or speak to people on youtube. You are going to university soon right?

Lee (Bmyvalentine)

Hey Bmy
    Thanks for the offer. Social services aren't that supportive as they don't believe what has happened. Luckily I have very supportive carers (one in particular) so that's good.
    rosierawrz wrote: »
    Hey there :)

I haven't been sexually assaulted, but I can't even imagine how you would have been feeling at the time and even now! :(

I've just graduated univeristy doing Fine Art and based my studio practice on Liberal Feminism and tackled these sorts of issues as they're ones I feel very strongly about.

I wish you good karma and that life works out well for you :)

Rosie xx

Hey Rosie

Sorry to hear about that. I'm getting there, just need to learn to let go and let others know how I am feeling instead of bottling things up.
    That sounds good, I'd like to see your work sometime :) Would you feel comfortable posting some photos on the creative part of the boards?
    Thank you, same to you x
    Hi BeckiBoo,

It's great you felt able to open up and post about your feelings related to being sexually abuse. It takes courage, and as you can tell you're certainly not alone *hug*

Good news you're in care now with what seems like some supportive carers. You say you want to speak to one but she's too busy? Is there any way you can ask her to find some time so you can open up to her about it more?
    Do you also have any friends you can speak to?

What you said is also important to highlight;
    I'm getting there, just need to learn to let go and let others know how I am feeling instead of bottling things up.

Remember you can keep posting here and also if you ever feel very low, please call Samaritans as they give good support too :yes: