Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Four incidents at work last WEEK! But is it really a big deal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In chronological order all within last week.

1. A coworker asked me to leave my work station to visit with him so he could have someone to talk to, so I did. My supervisor caught us in the act but I got the backlash bc I been here longer and should know better.

2. Julie kinda snubs me at work. When a girl that she talks to showed up to shop on her day off, I got jealous as hell. I left my workstation immediately and frantically ran all over the store looking for my supervisor to ***** about it. I didn't find my supervisor but she later found me and told me several customers complained to her that I was all over the freakin store.

3. I asked about a coworkers whereabouts during lunch with the intention of joining him. He didn't want anyone joining him although I didn't know that.

4. The past weekend, someone asked me to hold the cart still while she was lifting something heavy. The cart moved and when she repeated to hold it still, I yelled, "I AM! I AM!" Then proceeded to freak out over it. My supervisor threatened to send me home.

That was just within last week. Is that why my supervisor is hating on me the past few days? She started being like that Saturday when last incident happened.

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    No she isn't, although the rules at your work do seem very strict.

If you aren't allowed to leave your work station during your work time, then why did you? Just because someone wanted company means you'll get into trouble - maybe next time explain to the person that you aren't allowed to leave your work station?

Why is your co-worker not allowed to talk to another co-worker that happens to be on her day off? Seems a bit OTT to go running around to tell on her, so I can understand why customers would be unsettled and complained....

Asking about a co-workers whereabouts seems benign enough, but maybe next time you could ask if you could sit with him?

The way you said 'I am, I am" could be interpreted as being a bit too loud and might have come across as angry perhaps? Why did the other person freak out? Was she worried about getting hurt?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I give out samples at Sam's Club. My dept can't leave our cart unless to use the restroom or retrieve supplies we forgot, etc. And definitely not to complain to management how jealous I am that julie talks to others but not me.