Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hip pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hurt my hip last Tuesday playing rugby. I usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week - and am now getting a bit anxious about my lack of exercise. Managed the supermarket today with a trolley as support ha. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas of low impact exercise? I thought about swimming but i can only do breast stroke and that's not too hip friendly.

Comments

• Options
    Aqua aerobics is good. Can you try breast stroke with normal kicking legs?

Aside from water stuff, walking is good and cycling is low impact and as long as you don't do miles shouldn't cause more hip pain.

You know what I'm going to say though. Listen to your hips and rest ;)
  • Options
    Strengthening exercises? Pilates based- bridge, leg circles (lying and standing). Knee raises? Crunches etc. Engage your core and don't push the bad hip!
  • Options
    Depending on what you've done, the rower can be good because its straight line l loading.
  • Options
    Woke up pain free so made the foolish decision to do normal routine. Had to stop after 2k on the treadmill and tried a row but managed 1k before giving up ha. Tomorrow I'll just stick to the rower and see how that goes I think.... Laaaaaame injury.