Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Started Harming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I have been struggling with my depression for nearly 4 years now. The tablets seem to stop working after a few months of taking them so i get quite down.

Recently my department manager made an obscene homophobic comment about me to another member of staff which i heard.

This has made me feel really low and I have started to cut myself.

I have also been abusing pain killers and on the odd occasion alcohol.

I always take strong painkillers before my shift so i feel slightly 'high' in a way so nothing bothers me but when i come back down, it all sucks again.

Has/Is anyone else gone/going through this before? just need people to talk to.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Kieran, good to see you made your way over to the boards from chat :)

I'm sorry to hear what's happened to you lately, particularly in terms of work - that sounds humiliating and stressful? Is there anyone at work you feel you can trust to chat with about it? It sounds like a potentially isolating situation so having someone on your side could really help.

In terms of the cutting, have you come across any distraction techniques? If you check out the 'sticky' in this forum you'll find a link with lots of ideas. Generally speaking though, it can help to think of activities that night counteract the emotion you're feeling, for example, if its loneliness then chatting online as you are now can help, if its anger then physical activity like going for a run or having an invigorating cold shower could help.

Anyhow just wanted to say hi and others will hopefully have more to day. You might find if you're struggling tonight that checking out some of the other threads is a good distraction e.g. in the travel & freetime section or politics - just click on 'new' to find the latest threads.

Happy posting :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey

Sorry to hear that I posted some links on ur post

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/170674-Hi-All