Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi - i was told to post here - genetic illness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I was told to post here by one of the mods.

I was born with a genetic illness.

It meant a lot of time being studied by doctors when i was little and i was often treated like i was a specimin under glass.

You can probably tell a lot about me through my avatar, by the way.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Pabs :wave:

Welcome to the boards :thumb:

I am sorry what you went through with your illness, it must have been hard having to go through that as a child *hug*

If you don't mind me asking can you tell us a little more about the illness? You don't have to if you don't want to.

We are here if you wanna chat.

purple_rain
  • Options
    It's a genetic defect. Imagine a boy and a girl clumsily joined together and you have what happened to my body. My sexual and reproductive functions are severely impacted.
    I'm on medication and treatment for life.
  • Options
    Thank you for telling me and having the trust to tell us *hug*

Having the defect must be so hard for you especially as you probably spent a lot of your childhood in hospital and feeling like a guinea pig for them.

Do you have people who you trust to talk to about this? What kind of support network do you have?

purple_rain
  • Options
    I get support from my mother and sisters. My dad left when i was 3, I don't seee him that much. I'm in and out of hospital - they want to study my body a lot. they've studied me for years. It's like that show Seven Up only more frequent.
  • Options
    That must suck.

What are you into? Any hobbies? Music/bands?