Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey I got my scan today

Please wish me luck :/

Nurvouis need ways to keep my nurvous down

Comments

• Options
    Hey lovely,

What type of scan are you having today? I've had a lot of scans myself as I've been in hospital a lot so I know what it's like having to go through constant scans and no matter how many times you've had it before or heard about it, it matters to you and that is what is important.

I'm wishing you lots of good luck positive vibes and I know there's not much I can say that will change how you feel and the nervousness but the staff will look after you and will make sure that you go at your pace and they should explain everything at the beginning, for instance if your having a CAT scan or MRI they will sit down beforehand and explain everything that will happen and I know with those scans it is frightening because you can feel trapped in and it can be noisy but with the MRI they give you headphones and you can listen to music and there is a mirror so you can see the nurses and doctors outside in the next door room. The best thing that worked for me is taking something with me like, a stress ball or something to hold on to that makes me feel safe and happy and if I don't have anything, trying to go to that happy place in my head, what it's like, what it smells like, feels like, who is there with me and all the things I'm goanna do when I get out and back home.

You can do it sweetie, I believe in you.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Best of luck heather, keep us posted :)
  • Options
    Hi Heather :wave:

Just to wish you luck with your scan :heart:

purple_rain
  • Options
    :wave: hi bubbley heather :wave:

just a quick message to say that i hope all goes well today.Maybe a good distraction would be to take a book,phone or game console that you could use to help you keep your mind off things.

good luck
    :):):):):):)
  • Options
    Hi thanks for all ur good lucks for my scan :)

Didn't go well the first time they had to get me I was burning up and sick and dizzy :( took them a few atpts to get it done but all done now thanks god
  • Options
    StarWonder wrote: »
    Hey lovely,*
    What type of scan are you having today?*.
    MIR scan*
  • Options
    Hey lovely,

I'm glad your back home now. Well done for getting through the scan, it takes a lot of courage to do something you know you must but that frightens you at the same time. Treat yourself this afternoon and I hope you can have a relaxing evening.

Hope your okay x
  • Options
    Ian home safe now :) I was late getting the right place I did try and lock myself so I couldn't do it :/ disnt work :(
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey, How'd the scan go? :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Hey, How'd the scan go? :)

Not good the first time then it's was fine after thanks for asking :)
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    That's good then i think ... Hope the results are good news too :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    That's good then i think ... Hope the results are good news too :)

It go to the pople that's doing my op sorbet plain it all out