Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you celebrate Mother's Day?

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday – the day that asks us to celebrate the contribution of Mums to family life, and show them how much you care. Some people will devote the whole day to her, some will send a card, some will forget completely (unless this post reminds you :)).

We have a short (7 tick box questions, with text boxes if you want to add more) poll here from the Couple Connection who would like to know about whether you visit your Mum, or your partner’s Mum if you have one, and how you make those decisions.

We’ll post the results back here when they’re all in – it would be really good to have your input. You can find the poll here.

If you want to chat about any of the questions in the poll in more detail, we can do that on this thread ...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd be interested to hear people's opinion on this one.

As it happens this year, boy and I will both be at my parents, for a completely different reason. So we'll both be visiting my mum, and my guess is that neither of us will see his for another couple of months. In our case, we live hundreds of miles from parents - so the logistics are a pain.

Prior to reading the survey, it would never have crossed my mind to travel that kind of distance just for mothers day. Is that just me?
  • Options
    I always buy my mum a gift and a card and do the sunday roast but its never an extravagant day. I dont know if i would travel that far for mothers day specifically. (Wow that makes me sound like a bad person)
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Yes my whole family does. But my mum doesnt want anything from me this year, just to come and see me do the lambing haha
  • Options
    I'd be interested to hear people's opinion on this one.

As it happens this year, boy and I will both be at my parents, for a completely different reason. So we'll both be visiting my mum, and my guess is that neither of us will see his for another couple of months. In our case, we live hundreds of miles from parents - so the logistics are a pain.

Prior to reading the survey, it would never have crossed my mind to travel that kind of distance just for mothers day. Is that just me?

I would far rather visit my mum if I'm in the area / have a decent amount of time off rather than just travel the over 300 miles for one day.
  • Options
    I do tend to get my mum a little something thoughtful and a card, though the past few years have meant that I'm away. So I usually send the card up inside a second larger envelope for my dad to give to her on my behalf. Oh and buy something and send it up to my dad, again, to give to mum.
  • Options
    I make a card - my mum has 24 years worth of handmade Mother's Day cards so I kind of have to keep it up! But I think she's doing a workshop on the day!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    I make a card - my mum has 24 years worth of handmade Mother's Day cards so I kind of have to keep it up! But I think she's doing a workshop on the day!

Aww, that sounds like an impressive collection. Is your boyfriend's mum in the picture?
  • Options
    Ian taking my mum do a meal on Sunday and getting some candles she sow when I brought nanny some for her birthday really like them and some flowers :) exited