Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Positive Thinking Chat, Thursday 27th March, 7:30-9pm - Sign Up Here!

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey everyone :wave:

On Thursday the 27th of March, we're running another Positive Thinking Chat for 10 people. This will be instead of normal support chat.

Some of you have been to these before, but for people who haven't, here's some info:

What is positive thinking chat?
Are you experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety? For example low moods, feeling tense, uncertain or fearful about things? This chat is a chance to work through what you already do or would be willing to try, to improve your mental health.

6237304427_d10a522462.jpg

How will it work?
You'll explore some of the positive things about yourself and each other and the different ways you've managed to make even small amounts of progress.

The aim is to get a bit of a boost when it comes to dealing with your problems, gain a bit of fresh perspective on what you've done well and pick up inspiration from others.

The chat is friendly and informal with simple questions for everyone to have a go at answering at their own pace. You can ask if you don't understand a question, or just not answer it at all - whatever you feel comfortable with :)

We will not to publish the transcripts so everything that is said in the chat stays in the chat!

Where do I sign up?
There are 10 places for this chat so you'll need to sign up. If you're not sure about signing up you can PM me or Jo7 or reply to this thread with any questions :)
We do these chats in a small group so that everyone gets the chance to contribute and the pace of the chat is easy to follow.

Places are going pretty quickly, so click the link below soon to make sure you get one ;)

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ooh, another positive chat, I'm totes up for this! But can I be put down as a reserve, so kinda like, if it's full, don't worry about me attending, kinda a last minute person if their are spaces, if you get what I mean? :)
  • Options
    Ooh, another positive chat, I'm totes up for this! But can I be put down as a reserve, so kinda like, if it's full, don't worry about me attending, kinda a last minute person if their are spaces, if you get what I mean? :)

Done ;)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I cant remember if I signed up for this through DA. Think I did. Would you be able to let me know if I signed up already? :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I cant remember if I signed up for this through DA. Think I did. Would you be able to let me know if I signed up already? :)

You're signed up already 'NanaMonkey ;)
  • Options
    Thank you Jpick.

Lol am I known as 'NanaMonkey now haha. Love it

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tried clicking the link to sign up, but it just came up with a blank page. Is there another way of signing up?
  • Options
    Tues wrote: »
    I tried clicking the link to sign up, but it just came up with a blank page. Is there another way of signing up?

That's strange Tues.. Did you give it a min to load? Are you on a computer or a phone/tablet?

If it still doesn't work after giving it a min to load and/or trying it on a computer, send me a PM with answers to these questions:
    • What's your (user)name?
    • What's your username for the chat?
    • How old are you?
    • Are you free on Thursday 27th March from 7.30-9pm?
    • Have you been to a chat like this before?
    • Would you like to take part or watch the chat session?
  • Options
    hey

how often do these chat things happen? slightly unsure about it but want to. (if that makes sense)
  • Options
    rosebud wrote: »
    hey

how often do these chat things happen? slightly unsure about it but want to. (if that makes sense)

You could maybe sign up to observe and get a taste of what the session is like. They are really good tho. :)

• Options
    rosebud wrote: »
    hey

Hey rosebud,

They happen every so often, we don't really have a fixed schedule for them. 'NanaMonkey's idea of just observing is really good. It would help you understand what these chats are like.

If you'd like more info about it, feel free to PM me :)
  • Options
    I'm on a laptop, I left it open for about 5 minutes and it still hadn't opened, so i closed it and tried again and the same thing happened
  • Options
    Tues wrote: »
    I'm on a laptop, I left it open for about 5 minutes and it still hadn't opened, so i closed it and tried again and the same thing happened

That is odd! Not sure why that's happening!
    Okay, just send me a PM with answers to the questions above, and I'll do it for you ;)
  • Options
    Have done:)
    Thank you