Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Support Chat Wednesday 12th March 2014, 8-10pm

Hey Guys,

Laura O and I are looking forward to welcoming you all to Live support chat this evening. Come along and get stuff off your chest, explore some solutions or just hang out.

See you there!
Wenders

What can I talk about?
General Chat - Talk about anything from TV shows, what's in the news, what you're having for dinner or what you got up to at the weekend.

Support Chats - talk about anything more personal that might be on your mind. There are a few issues that come up which we have some additional guidance for to help you get the most out of your time in the chat room.

Talking about sex - you're welcome to talk about any issues you might be having in the bedroom but chat's not a place to brag about your sexual exploits in detail or to try and hook up.

Talking about drugs - you can discuss drugs in chat but it's not the place to discuss dealing or manufacturing drugs, expect to be warned off for that.

Talking about self-harm - Chatters will be happy to listen to you and offer you some opinions about issues and options for helping with your self-harm, but we ask people who feel they might be about to harm not to come into a group chat session where others may be affected by your actions, but to consider alternative one-to-one support. You could:
Phone a friend or someone you trust
Arrange a visit to see an out of hours GP
Write your thoughts on TheSite.org discussion boards
Contact TESS - email and text service for self harm support open 7-9pm, Monday - Friday (for girls and young women)
If this is the case for you, you're welcome to come into chat when the urge has passed if you would like to chat with others about how you're feeling. That way, you're bound to be in a much better frame of mind to talk with and listen to others.

Talking about suicidal feelings - It's important to remember that TheSite chat is a peer to peer support service and talking about suicidal feelings can be distressing for other people in the chat room. If you're at crisis point we'd suggest you consider one of the options in the list above. Support chat is not set up to be a crisis service.

How do I choose a username?
You don't need to register to join chat but it's good to think about what username you'd like to use. Try and stick to the same name once you've picked one - It avoids confusion and helps you to build relationships with other chatters.

Am I the right age for chat?
TheSite.org is aimed at 16-25 year olds and it's important to bear this in mind if you are younger that 16 in relation to the content that may be discussed and how you're expected to behave. You may also find this list of alternative chat services useful.

How to use the chat room
The image below shows what you can expect to see when you log in as well as some detail on specific functions within the chat.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.