Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

didn't know where to put this

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hey everyone.

Bit disgusting but I didn't know where to put this..
Basically I'm going away tomorrow until thurs on a watersport residential..

I had my period on 16th Feb but because Feb had 28 days does that mean my period will come a few days early or few days late??

Appreciate replies! :)
Kayden x

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey welcome to the boards :)

Here where u can put it

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/90-Health-amp-Wellbeing

Have u spoken to ur doctor about it beause it shouldn't been that long. Sometimes when u stressed or on the pill/ implant or had sex that sometimes stop too.

Here's a link
    http://www.thesite.org/your-body/womens-health/missed-periods-7354.html

Hope this helps a little bit
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Heyy

Thanks for the reply.
    I haven't missed a period. What I mean is that a month normally has 31 days but feb had 28 days. So if I came on my period on the 16th of Feb does that mean my period will come a few days late or a few days early this month? Because there was 28 days in Feb.

Kayden x
  • Options
    Periods can be irregular, there isn't really a set date for when you're definitely going to start.

I'd take some things with you just in case, if that's why you're asking :)
  • Options
    Is your period usually pretty regular?

If so then the best way to work it out is to count 4 weeks (28 days) from the last one. That would actually take you to 16th March which might be a day or two earlier if you usually work it out based on 30/31 days.

However, as butterfly says, your cycle can vary:
    The length of the menstrual cycle varies from woman to woman, but the average is to have periods every 28 days. Regular cycles that are longer or shorter than this, from 24 to 35 days, are normal.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/menstrualcycle/Pages/Whatisthemenstrualcycle.aspx

Do you have a diary or a calendar you can look at? That can be useful for estimating when it will come :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I don't base mine per calendar month. I know that I am normally 4 weeks and 1 day between periods. Maybe you should start tracking them by weeks, rather than per the month.
  • Options
    Kayden - don't feel your periods are disgusting it's just an anatomical fact of life - if not a bit messy, but it's not something to feel ashamed about.

It's often easier to work out how long your cycle is by recording when you start and finish each month for a few months and then you can get an idea of the length of your cycle.
  • Options
    If your period usually comes on the same date (e.g. 16th) of each month, then with February having fewer days you'll likely find it comes slightly later (18/19th) in March.

Like others have said, it's usually easier to count days rather than work on dates. So mark in your diary/calender on phone when your next one comes, and then you can count how many days it was from the Feb one to the March one, and then use that number to count on in future.