Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't know how to go on :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I'm sorry for posting, I just don't know what else to do. I feel unsafe and overwhelmed with everything and don't know how to cope. I feel so alone. I just want a normal life, and I will never get that :'( I feel hopeless.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey BrokenGirl,
    You're totally fine to post, it's what we're here for :)

Can you tell us a bit about why you feel unsafe? Feeling overwhelmed is really tough and it's understandable you're struggling to cope. Can you try to break things down a bit? Thinking about the problems individually can help you to work out which issue is having the biggest impact - and then potentially we can help you look at ways to cope with that as a starting point.

Keep us posted *hug*

Helen
  • Options
    Hey Helen, thank you...

I feel like I need to hurt myself. I very much still want to kill myself it's just what method and when. I know it will happen some day. Everything is all so overwhelming. I wish there was someone in the world that actually understood me. No one does.
  • Options
    Is anyone around to talk to? I feel like hurting myself and i'm not sure what to do :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Is anyone around to talk to? I feel like hurting myself and i'm not sure what to do :(

*hug*'s BrokenGirl - It's great to see you're looking for distractions by reaching out for support on here, an amazing step to take, very proud of you! Have you considered trying other distractions to, that you enjoy? Or calling a support helpline for example Samaritans? :)

Things sound really difficult at the moment, would you like to tell us a bit about what's going on for you? :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I have been trying to watch tv and listen to music but that's about it really. I have called Samaritans so I guess that's something.

I just feel so alone and suicidal and hopeless and fed up :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I have been trying to watch tv and listen to music but that's about it really. I have called Samaritans so I guess that's something.

I just feel so alone and suicidal and hopeless and fed up :(

Massive well done on being able to call Samaritans, how was the call? Did it help at all having someone to talk to? It's great to see you also looking at other distractions, often things like Watching TV, or listening to music aren't very productive, and can only keep our minds occupied for so long till were focussed on the main issue again, maybe it's about doing something productive, if you're not tired, how about some midnight cooking? :) - Or even hunting down a jigsaw to do! I often find having full on Random chats with friends also helps, however, TheSite.org isn't a crisis service, so we can't offer you itemediate support, if you are feeling suicidal, do you think it might be worth getting yourself down to A&E, and talking to crisis team?

Has something triggered you to feel the way you do now?
  • Options
    Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah I think it did help just to talk to someone. I was thinking of going to my local branch tomorrow but I get so anxious about things like that and would worry through id get someone I couldn't open up to. So I'm not sure what to do.

I'm very tired atm so watching tv is about all i could manage tonight. I do need to think of some productive things tomorrow though. I'm already dreading waking up and not sure how to get through tomorrow.

A&E and crisis team are not even an option.

I think I've just become very overwhelmed x