Home Work & Volunteering
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Other post was called Blub, This one's Bob!

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
Heey, so yeahh ... kinda random ... but got a few questions about work...

1) for people who have insomnia, how do yous manage to get up in the mornings for work? :s I've managed it the last 5 days, but woke up this morning with a banging headache and spewing, but i'm not ill ...

2) i got this job at the beginning of December, and i love it! but One of the staff has been off the whole time because she had surgery on her ankle, she's coming back at the end of febuary, but i'm scared, she really doesnt like me or my family, My dad was married to her, but left her for my mam ... she doesn't know i have a job there yet ... but should i tell my manager about it? Just incase she tries to get me fired or make my job harder...
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could be worth approaching the manager and explaining the situation if you do feel up to it. If you choose to, then try to be as diplomatic as possible about it. Above all you should do what you think and feel is right, by doing so before any problems arise then it could come across as you trying to be proactive in solving a problem, as opposed to reacting one. Which is good :)
    Heey, so yeahh ... kinda random ... but got a few questions about work...

1) for people who have insomnia, how do yous manage to get up in the mornings for work? :s I've managed it the last 5 days, but woke up this morning with a banging headache and spewing, but i'm not ill ...

2) i got this job at the beginning of December, and i love it! but One of the staff has been off the whole time because she had surgery on her ankle, she's coming back at the end of febuary, but i'm scared, she really doesnt like me or my family, My dad was married to her, but left her for my mam ... she doesn't know i have a job there yet ... but should i tell my manager about it? Just incase she tries to get me fired or make my job harder...

1)If you have trouble sleeping at night but can sleep through the morning consider getting a job where you work shifts. It isn't for everyone but if you're a night owl they can suit.
    2)Yes, tell your manager.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    It's set times so they don't do shift work :/ and i got told she was coming back at the end of febuary but when i went in on tuesday she was there ... along with the death stare ... gonny tell the manager tomorrow when i go in i think...
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    It's set times so they don't do shift work :/ and i got told she was coming back at the end of febuary but when i went in on tuesday she was there ... along with the death stare ... gonny tell the manager tomorrow when i go in i think...

Hey Bubbles - how did it go with your manager?

Also, have you ever got any support around your insomnia? There's some good info here on TheSite about insomnia and other sleep issues if you haven't seen it already it would be worth checking out, here's the link: http://www.thesite.org/your-body/sleeping

:)