Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

online counselling.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I've seen the article on Thesite about online counselling, and I'm not sure if it's because my laptop isn't the best, but the websites in the article don't work properly for me.

I just wondered if anyone knows of any other sites for free online counselling that I could try?

I'm really not coping properly, I'm getting worse, and I think I need to talk to someone. I won't go to the doctors.

Comments

• Options
    Have you looked at kooth? They are great but you have to be in a certain area (however some counsellors are happy to talk to you if you register under one) but some can be strict if they find out. There is also some of the beatbullying websites that offer counselling if you've been on any?!

Do you have any face to face support you could access?!

Sending you hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi Butterfly, did you try it in a different browser, e.g if youre in internet explorer try chrome etc? And is the software on your computer up to date? :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Liz, thanks for the suggestions. I've had a look at kooth and a beatbullying site.

Having aspergers makes things difficult for me so I don't understand how the sites you suggested work, but never mind.

I could go to the doctors, but I couldn't. As in, seeing my GP about everything is an option but I can't because I'm not brave enough. Again, the joys of aspergers.

Thanks plugitin. I did try to update my computer but it didn't work. I'm trying to save for a new laptop, this one isn't the best anymore.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    With Kooth, the funding varies in different areas, as well as the service is only offered in different parts in the UK, as well as the various age group, best thing to do with Kooth is, see if you can sign up, first, and click everything other than the log out button to explore. Like all new sites, they can often be confusing to get around, I know Kooth have recently had a revamp, and changed a fair bit and looks a lot better than it used to, you can access message boards, as well as writing your own blog articles for the Kooth magazine!

But all sites take time to adjust like you did here! - With BeatBullying, you have to be 17 or under to join, if you are, once you've joined the site, you can go into the chat room, where you can request a chat with a mentor, who will refer you to a counsellor if needed if needed. You can get regular sessions arranged with them, but then age is a massive aspect. But again, BeatBullying is child friendly, and easy to get around once you start checking it out,

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart