Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mental health, (good or bad)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys/gals

I'm not good at writing things like this but I guess it would be to give it a go

I've been feeling very stuck with myself lately
My mental health hasn't been the best and I have been faced with a lot of bad thought and a lot of self harming :( I wrecked a good 6 weeks of not doing it by doing it again
all over the fact that people don't care
People don't support me
I don't have many people in my life
I tend to be the quiet one and never have anyone to talk to other than my shitty carers who don't listen and don't actually care.
I have a cahms worker but I see her for half an hour every 2 weeks and it is so pointless as by the time she has had her 'catch up' moment the time is nearly over and I can't talk to her about anything :(
I'm so stuck and well I'm not sure what to do anymore

I'm sorry
LeloLeann

Comments

• Options
    Hey Lelo,

Is it possible to ask for more appointments with your camhs worker or even have more time in that one appointment? I don't know where you are or if it's different where you are but when I had my camhs worker I had two appointments a week.

Have you tried Samaritans? They can't tell you what to do but they're great at listening and getting you to talk about things. You can ring, text, or email them.

Could you talk to your GP at all?

I don't know how old you are, but are you at school or college?

You're not alone, you'll always have us *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Butterfly123,
    I have asked but my cahms worker isn't the best and she has told me no.
    I'm from England and it is possible to have more than one session here but my worker isnt the best
    My G.P is a male so I wont talk to him and well I have to ask my carers to book my appoiments and I have to tell them why and they wont approve so sadly im not sure about that at the moment

I'm 16, and Im in my last year of school.

Thank you

*hugs*

Hey Lelo,

Is it possible to ask for more appointments with your camhs worker or even have more time in that one appointment? I don't know where you are or if it's different where you are but when I had my camhs worker I had two appointments a week.

Have you tried Samaritans? They can't tell you what to do but they're great at listening and getting you to talk about things. You can ring, text, or email them.

Could you talk to your GP at all?

I don't know how old you are, but are you at school or college?

You're not alone, you'll always have us *hug*
  • Options
    If you are 16 you can book a GP appointment yourself. You don't have to ask your carer. Am I right in guessing you're in foster care?
  • Options
    Hi,
    Nope I'm in a children's home
    And sadly were not allowed to make any appointments without staff's permission.
    Staff have to make all out appointments and know what they are for
    Don't know why and I don't know if it is the same in other children's home BUT it's the rules of my one
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    If you are 16 you can book a GP appointment yourself. You don't have to ask your carer. Am I right in guessing you're in foster care?
  • Options
    Do you have a school nurse or someone like that who you could talk to? I really recommend that.

How do you feel about Samaritans?
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the school nurse
    we have a school counsellor that comes in twice a week. And I know the senco was going to ask her to put me on her list but not sure where we are with that at the moment so i guess that is a waiting game.

and Samaritans I don't know..I might look into it. I have been told about them before but I'm not the best person to talk over the phone. It easier for me to talk via messages
    Do you have a school nurse or someone like that who you could talk to? I really recommend that.

How do you feel about Samaritans?
  • Options
    It might be worth asking where you are with the school counsellor.

You can text or email the samaritans, the text number is 07725909090.
  • Options
    It might be :)
    I shall have to try my best to ask tomorrow.

and thank you. I shall think about it and might see how it goes. thank you
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Lelo,

How are you doing today? Massive prompts on being able to post about how you've been getting on and reaching out, very proud of you :heart: It's always great to give new ways of support ago, but by reaching out shows an amazing sign of wanting to recover, even if it's online. You've went an amazing six weeks without self harm, which is amazing, often our minds see one day destroying it as being failure. However, it's just another part of recovery, you will deal with relapses, as well as times where you just want to scream at yourself, but it's about taking it one step at a time, and I for one, know you're an exceptionally strong person :heart:

You have us now ;) However, it does sound like CAMHS is being very unhelpful at the moment I know people have suggested talking to your CAMHS worker, and expressing how you think half an hour isn't beneficial at the moment, maybe it's also about considering a change of CAMHS worker, which you can discuss with your social worker. Do you get along with your social worker?

You might also want to check out Mindfull.org, which offers online counselling and support and support from your own peers around mental health and well being, it's a site related to BeatBullying. Always worth checking out if you haven't so already :) Surronding your GP, you could express to your carers their personal issues that you would rather talk to the doctor about, however you will keep them updated if needed.

Did you text Samartitans in the end? :) - Stay strong Lelo, and look after yourself :heart:

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Hi Angel,
    I'm not feeling any better than I was yesterday, I didn't sleep well and my day has been pretty bad sadly.
    Thank you :heart:
    I guess you are right there but I feel like I have gone a million steps backwards and all the progress that I have made over the last couple months has completely gone :( :banghead:
    Thank you :) But I haven't used this much, Maybe I should use it more
    Me and my social worker have a rocky relationship.
    Sometimes we get along but other times we argue like mad and I always walk away and never talk to her as I do not like arguments

Mindfull is a good site..I have been on it before and I do use the main chat but haven't spoken much on there as I go periods of times where I don't want to talk about how i feel as I snap at people too much and say the wrong things sometimes :(

I guess I will need to think about talking to my carers again about the whole doctors thing but last time i tried I didn't get anywhere

and I did text them.. It was a massive move and it took me a while to actually let myself press send but I did :):heart:
    Thank you
    Take care too Angel :heart:
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hello Lelo,

How are you doing today? Massive prompts on being able to post about how you've been getting on and reaching out, very proud of you :heart: It's always great to give new ways of support ago, but by reaching out shows an amazing sign of wanting to recover, even if it's online. You've went an amazing six weeks without self harm, which is amazing, often our minds see one day destroying it as being failure. However, it's just another part of recovery, you will deal with relapses, as well as times where you just want to scream at yourself, but it's about taking it one step at a time, and I for one, know you're an exceptionally strong person :heart:

You have us now ;) However, it does sound like CAMHS is being very unhelpful at the moment I know people have suggested talking to your CAMHS worker, and expressing how you think half an hour isn't beneficial at the moment, maybe it's also about considering a change of CAMHS worker, which you can discuss with your social worker. Do you get along with your social worker?

You might also want to check out Mindfull.org, which offers online counselling and support and support from your own peers around mental health and well being, it's a site related to BeatBullying. Always worth checking out if you haven't so already :) Surronding your GP, you could express to your carers their personal issues that you would rather talk to the doctor about, however you will keep them updated if needed.

Did you text Samartitans in the end? :) - Stay strong Lelo, and look after yourself :heart:

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Lelo,

The progress you've made, hasn't gone, it's still there, unless you've somehow managed to travel back in time, and reenact the moments of progress, then without doubt the progress hasn't gone, and I can assure you it's still there. But as I said, recovery has many aspects of relapses, but maybe there times of struggle, telling yourself, that it's okay to NOT be okay, because it really is.

In general life will without doubt have shitteh times, as well as good times, have you ever consider keeping a jar of happy thoughts, basically get an old tin or something, and store happy thoughts in it, I know a friend of mine is keeping a diary of a #100HappyDays online, even if it's something little, you can open the jar when ever you want though, it's solely your choice, it can often help recalling them when you just need a little boost to keep on going.

Arguments are difficult things to handle, it doesn't really get either one of you guys anywhere, other than upset or mad with each other, I guess it's about being affective, it's about getting what you want, but staying cool, have you even given Mindfulness a go? It can really help in the moment when were trying to cool ourselves down.

However your relationship with your social worker doesn't sound like a very positive one, maybe it's about expressing how you feel to her, surrounding arguments, it might be a case of one of even both of you implying each other wrong. Do you see your social worker on a regular basis for catch up sessions? It might be worth writing down how you feel, try and talk about it, however if it get's to difficult, you could always let her read the piece of paper.

Also a massive well done on being able to text Samaritans that's an amazing step. Would you be able to tell us what happened when you spoke to your carer about going to the GP, last time? :)

Look after yourself Lelo,
    Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Hi Angel,

I will have to think about the jar thing but it is a good idea, Though sometimes it's hard for me to express happy things. But it will be good practice and it might get easier if I do it, maybe

I see my social worker every 3 months as I have been in my care home for over a year, they don't have to see us much.
    Writing this down for my social worker never goes well as because I write it all and then I chicken out on reading it to her or giving it to her, don't know why
    I used to have a social worker that I was able to text..and I could text her whenever I needed and she understood so much but sadly she is no longer my social worker.
    Thank you :)

and last time I asked my carers why I couldn't make my own appointments they had a go at me, told me its the rules and that because of there 'duty to care' they have to know what the appointments are for, when personally I feel they are being nosey as well they don't need to know at all well unless I choose to tell them
    I am old enough to make my own appointments.
    I have thought about getting them to make an appointment but i would tell them about something i don't need to see the doctor about desperately so I could speak with the G.P but i would feel a little bad if I done that -.- so it's hard