Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't know what to do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So basically, I see CAMHS every 2-3 weeks and that means that I have to catch a bus, for an hour long journey, have my session then catch the bus home (another hour long journey)

The problem is, I HATE buses, I can't stand having to take them in the first place, they're always late (it didn't even turn up today) and you're left out in all kinds of weather waiting for them (I keep getting stuck out in the rain waiting for a bus that's over 15 minutes late). On top of that, I can't stand the thought of how many people must have sat where I sit before me, it's disgusting. :grump:

There are other options for seeing CAMHS, he could come to my house or my school, but I don't want to do either of those

There is no other way for me to get there, so I have to decide now... Which is worse? Risking the unpredictable bus in unpredictable weather or seeing him at home/school, and I really don't know know. I don't want to do any of them! I just want someone to be able to drive me there! :banghead:

So, basically, I was wondering if you were in my position, what would you do?
I'm fed up with buses but I don't want to see him anywhere else :confused:

Sorry if this turned into a rant (mainly about buses...) :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Hi volcano1345,

I'm not sure exactly how old you are but is there any possibility that you could afford a taxi or that a family member could pay for a taxi for you?

Can I ask why you don't want your camhs worker to see you at home or school?

It's perfectly okay to rant, either way we're here to listen *hug*
  • Options
    Hi volcano1345,

I'm not sure exactly how old you are but is there any possibility that you could afford a taxi or that a family member could pay for a taxi for you?

It's perfectly okay to rant, either way we're here to listen *hug*

If it was me, and has been in the past, I've walked to CAMHS with it being a 2 hour walk. One because I had no money at the time, and two because my friend was always working so couldn't drive me there.

I think Butterfly makes a relevant point, of maybe getting a taxi? Also, as it's an hour away, is there a train station near where CAMHS is and both ways a closer walk to each place?!
  • Options

Hard to explain really, because I don't trust the room(s) I would be in to not have voice recorders or something in it (ok, I get extremely paranoid, it's part of the reason I go)

I don't think I'd be able to afford a taxi though, and I've never been in a taxi before so I don't really know how much I trust it, thanks for the idea though :)
  • Options
    is there a train station near where CAMHS is and both ways a closer walk to each place?!

No idea about a train station, I've never really thought about that... I could find out

I can't believe you walked there at 2 hours away, I'd never be able to do that, I'm so unfit! so well done with that :)
  • Options
    You should be able to reclaim expenses for traveling to CAMHS appointments.
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    You should be able to reclaim expenses for traveling to CAMHS appointments.

:yes: Although they do have limits so you'd have to check they'll pray for a cab.

can someone come with you one week to test out cabs?
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    can someone come with you one week to test out cabs?

I don't know, I'll have to find out