Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New to the site!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :blush:

I've just joined this site ...im pretty nervous about posting but anything new is difficult at first I guess :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Hi xnowayoutx :wave:

Welcome to Thesite boards! Try not to be too nervous, we're a lovely lot usually.

Feel free to post whenever you want to and we'll do our best to help you out, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it :)
  • Options
    Hi butterfly123 :)

Thank you for replying! How long have you been apart of this site for? :)
  • Options
    Well I joined in July in 2011 for a bit, but then didn't log on for ages, came back last year.

It's always great to have new users :) how did you find out about this site?
  • Options
    Oh right :) I take it you find this site helpful if you've come back! ......I heard about it through childline a while back, when you turn 19 you can't use the site anymore which is fair enough and they told me about this site.....I had a look but didn't join but now I think I'm ready to join :)
  • Options
    Yes, Thesite helps me a lot and I like to try and help other people.

It's great that you felt ready to join :yes: let us know if you need any help with anything.

Have you heard about Thesite chat? It's a great way for people to get to know a bit more about you and for you to get to know other users. If you feel ready enough to do that of course, you never have to go to chat if you don't want to.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Welcome to TheSite.org XNoWayOutX, it's great to see you already posting! I've always found it strange how ChildLine direct young people here, I know they've directed a few people here now, it's a pretty amazing environment once you get in to it to, might be worth taking a glimpse as the 'Start here' section on the start of the forum to, if you haven't so already! Again, welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave:
  • Options
    Butterfly123,
    That's good it's helped you and even better that you can help others! :) .....I don't really know this site that well, still getting to grips with it...what happens in thesite chat? :)
  • Options
    Thank you **angel**! :)

I feel so welcome already, just need to work out how to work my way around this site! I think it's good that childline do direct people here because I really found there site helpful and don't think I could cope without some sort of support like this :) how did you find out about this site?
  • Options
    xnowayoutx wrote: »
    Butterfly123,
    That's good it's helped you and even better that you can help others! :) .....I don't really know this site that well, still getting to grips with it...what happens in thesite chat? :)

Have a look at this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Chat can be a great distraction, or you can get support in support chat :)
  • Options
    Welcome :)
  • Options
    Thank you bubbley-heather! :blush:

How long have you been on here for? :)
  • Options
    Have a look at this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Chat can be a great distraction, or you can get support in support chat :)

Just had a look! Sounds good, I'll have to try it out at some point :blush: thank you
  • Options
    Welcome :thumb:
  • Options
    Everyone seems so nice! Thank you broken-angel! :blush:
  • Options
    xnowayoutx wrote: »
    Thank you bubbley-heather! :blush:

How long have you been on here for? :)
    I've been for cople of years now :D I abloslty love it on here :) number 1 best website :) u love it on here. Everyone friendly and helpful. :D

Chat:
    If u didn't know about our chat here the times and days it's open
    http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat
    -here the link where the mods puts about when chat http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/144-Live-chat-announcements

Mods: http://www.thesite.org/chat/meet-the-mods

You can PM Jo, **Helen** or Jpick during office hours (9:30-5:30) if you're looking for help with something within the community.
  • Options
    Thanks

Oh cool...so you know the site quite well then :) it's nice to be able to get support online and with people the same or similar age to us! And it's good that you can help other people out too! ....thanks for the information :)