Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

random symptoms...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, just wanting to see whether these random symptoms im having are linked or just because it's winter:)
-nausea in the morning
-feeling uncomfortably hungry a lot but not wanting to eat
-sore throat
-headaches
-messed up sleeping pattern(usually from 11pm to 7am but now 2 or 3am to 6:30 or 7am)
-painful knees
-hot all the time but want to put more layers on(dont even ask?! It's so wierd!)
Thanks in advance.
I'm not worried or anything just thought I would check:)

Comments

• Options
    Hi lostangel,

I think most of these symptoms can definitely be linked :yes:

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms? Are you going to get checked out?
  • Options
    Umm... well the nausea has been the last week, headaches and sore throat for the same. sleeping for a week and a half, same as the heat. Painful knees 5 days. Hunger for about 2 weeks.
    I don't think I will if there isn't any concern because I'm not a huge fan or doctors at the moment.
  • Options
    *of
  • Options
    I would suggest getting checked out. I wouldn't be majorly concerned, it's most probably nothing, but just to be sure.

Have the symptoms got any better or worse since they started?

Can I ask why you're not a fan of the doctors at the moment? Of course you don't have to say, but do you think there's any chance at all you might be able to go and get checked out?

Really sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions here, but is there any chance you could be pregnant? I'm not entirely sure of all of the symptoms for that, but a few match.
  • Options
    Nausea lasts for longer each morning. I can't eat anything, let alone smell food. I try to sleep before 2 but I just lie awake:( do you think it's anything?
    Late last year I told my Mum I had been self harming but had stopped. She wanted to take me to the doctors but I refused, now I'm worried if I go to the doctors she will say something
  • Options
    Just out of interest, how old are you? You don't have to say if you don't want to.

Is there a chance you could be pregnant?

I personally would go to the doctors and talk to my GP about this. I don't know whether it is definitely something or whether it is nothing to worry about, but I think it's worth getting a doctor to clear this up for you.

*hug*
  • Options
    I'm 14, almost 15. And no chance at all.
    Thank you :) x
  • Options
    Okay, it's most probably nothing but I definitely would go and get checked out :yes:

Maybe even talk to your mum about it if you feel you can, if you haven't already.

Whatever you decide, keep us posted :)
  • Options
    Okay, thanks. I'm checking to see if there's anything on NHS symptom checker right now. Can't speak to my Mum.
    Thanks again x
  • Options
    Okay, that sounds like a good idea.

I would paste a few links but I'm on my phone. If you haven't maybe found anything tomorrow I will link when I turn my laptop on.

*hug*
  • Options
    Thank you:)
  • Options
    lostangel wrote: »
    I'm checking to see if there's anything on NHS symptom checker right now.

Be wary doing this, they always give you the worst case scenario to be safe. It just sounds like a virus to me, it'll pass in a week or two. If it isn't improving in 2 weeks go and see your gp.