Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slimming pills nline: is it dangerous?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all! i am writing a piece of work wheter people should buy or not slimming pills or other medicines online...what do you think? is it safe buying online medicines or not? anyone had any bad experiences with that or have heard about counterfeit medicines?
hope someone can be of some help !
thank youso much!:)

Comments

• Options
    I used to buy them online when I was engaging in eating disorder behaviours.

These included ones which made me physically sick, ones that made me dizzy and ones that my GP told me could cause fatal heart problems at any time. I think the anonymity of those buying makes it dangerous- most of those I wouldn't have been able to buy in bulk (or in this country) in a shop- online I could order whatever.... It isn't just the pills can be fake but there is so much more freedom to buy potentially harmful drugs online.

I've known people who has been scammed over £100 I believe from an online diet pill company.

It isn't safe. Unless you go to a proper respectable pharmacy online it isn't safe at all.
  • Options
    Thank you! so were you aware of these dangers before buying your slimming pills or you just discovered afterwards? I would like to know if you knew or not if it is legal to buy online some medicine in UK? would have somehow influenced your choice of buying them online if you would know that they were illegal at that time? thank you so much!!you are really helping me a lot in this!