Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In Patient (IP)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
May Trigger some so a lovely TW for those who may be triggered..

I've been thinking about IP ever since I went AWOL on Thursday night, and sectioned on Friday. I had a bed, and it seemed okay, and I was willing to carry on with the truth and take this bed.

But I couldn't cos I had a friend staying over, and she didn't know the way back to the train station.

So again, I've put others before myself.

I've had Home Treatment round for the weekend, and asked them about IP and they said if I'm 100% sure they'll look around for a bed for me.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been in IP before, and how did you find it? I know everywhere is different, and I know I'm around 80% sure to go in. But just need some comfort around it I guess..

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi Sophie,

I've never been an inpatient but just wanted to say that if you think it is right for you, then you can be admitted voluntarily. I hope things can improve for you soon *hug*
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know I can be admitted voluntarily. I'm going to speak to, Anna, my care coordinator and see what she thinks about it all...