Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

First time ........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,
I'm off to Costa Del Sol in a couple of weeks with a good friend of mine,
We were talking the other day about if the situation presents itself, will we "Pill it" Both of us being drug virgins.
I have read up and reasearched a lot of the effects, dangers & reasons why not (And why to) try 'em out.
(TheSite being the most useful & Honest source of info, Nod's to Mr Roll)
So, is there anything I should look out for or avoid ? Any particular type of pill I should stay away from, And what is the average cost ? Should I take a full pill first time or stick to a half each ? I have read here to keep drink & Drugs apart.
I know I'm experimenting late in life, But ....... What the hey !

Comments

• Options
    i took 1 pill for my first go i reckomend i fu think u can cope with the buzz take a full one, just let it flow ull be getting loads of mad buzzes and feelings just do what u feel u should do simple.
  • Options
    I have taken lots of different drugs and a pill being one of them, I personally have never had a bad pill but be aware that they do exist!! If you are going to take a pill for the first time don't get yourself all worked up about it as alot of the effects are actually what is in the mind, if you start getting paranoid and think 'this is a bad pill im gonna die' then you will start to have panic attacks, also don't drink alchol, just drink small amounts of water and enjoy the rush! Be careful though as you will be in a foreign country with different surroundings! Good luck anyway and have a wicked holiday!:D
  • Options
    Good for you for aiming to being clued-up before you try.

Based on my (admittedly small) experience:

I took a half the first time, and then the other half a little while later (maybe about 45mins) when I failed to come up. I came up with a great buzz about 20 mins later, but then I know some people who come up inside 10 mins, I usually take longer. Personally I find it better to be cautious the first time cos you just don't know how your body will handle it.

A couple of drinks beforehand is ok, but don't be drunk when you take it, and only drink water after you do. Alcohol and pills don't mix well. E interfers with your body's ability to regulate water so you need to be mindful. If you're dancing constantly, sip a pint of water an hour. If you're just sitting talking (shite!) then less water will do. Just enough sipped out of a bottle to keep your mouth moist. You will probably chew the inside of your mouth so some people find chewing gum helps.

I have no idea about cost and availability in Costa Del Sol. I know that here they usually cost between £3-£5. Although it is usually more if you are buying inside a club.

Is there going to be someone there who's done them before, or someone who won't be on them? My first time I was with people who had been doing them for years and could keep an eye on me. A sensible precaution to keep in mind. The idea of two "pill-virgins" getting mashed on their own in a strange club abroad just doesn't sound like the best testing ground for a first time.

There loads of info on here about pills if you flick through a search. Like Angel01 says, it's your mindset that ultimately determines how much you enjoy it, so if you do deside to drop, just relax and go with the flow.

Enjoy mate, it's a hell of an experience the first time :D
  • Options
    Take them if you wanna end up flying back in a box :)
  • Options
    Like Kaz said, its good to see you're being sensible about it, and getting all the information first.

Can't add that much on what she said... I took a whole one my first time, but it depends on a few things. If you are a big lad (well built, tall) I think one should be fine. If you are of a smaller build, I'd start with a half. If not sure, better safe then sorry and start with a half.

I wouldn't advise drinking alcohol, maybe a couple before hand, depending on how easily you get pissed. Beware of who you buy them off... its always safer to get them off a person who is clearly on them themselves... not worried so much about there being dodgy shit in them (as that rarely happens) but more about getting duds. The actual name of the pill (mitsubishi, ferrari ect...) means next to nothing, so don't worry about that.

It is best to be with people who have pilled before, so there is someone who knows whats going on. If this isn't possible and you still go for it, I would only warn you about the come-up, which can feel a bit odd... sometimes I just want to be alone, and although my legs feel like they really wanna dance, they can't support my weight. This all passes pretty quickly though.

Just relax, and enjoy the ride... it could well be the best one of your life! :)
  • Options
    If I was going to do drugs for the first time, I wouldn't do it in a foreign country in a place I don't know with pills brought from a random person.
  • Options
    if your gonna do ti blues then ...just do it.
    BUT DONT.......DONT aquire your little pill off a total stranger.
    total strangers in the world of dealing are the nicest fun loving caring interesting exciting people in the world who only have your well being at heart..........yea !
    get your pill through an experienced friend. you'll enjoy it like fuck mate. people dont take drugs cos thier orrible. they are a wonderful experience if you aproach the thing in a happy relaxed frame of mind.
    bit like booze. drink when your tense and screwed up over something in your life and the effect the booze has is a reflection of YOU at that moment.
    feel good feel free and remember your on holiday where you put your cares and troubles behind you for a while. along with news at ten and your overdraft. so splash in the sea and the sand in a carefree manner...........and splash and swim in the colours of your mind. have a good one blues.
    come back here and tell us all about it.
    your point of view regarding drugs propaganda will be established basicaly from this holiday. wish i was there.