Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Seeing ''people''

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could be triggering...

So, it's really confusing to explain...
Only Jane knows.

I've recently been seeing this ''woman'' in my house. She sits there, and sometimes talks to me. I never see her face though, it's always with her back to me.

She's made me self-medicate, and lie to people I love.

I don't know if others can see her, but my kittens can sense something, I don't know if they can see her or not.

It's pretty scary, like she was sitting on my sofa earlier, and now she's stood outside.

I was thinking ''maybe it's a reflection of me?'' I'm dark, dull, and scary...

I just don't know how I can confide in anyone and tell them this, I'm just lost...:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Hi sophiepea :wave:

How long have you been seeing the woman? You can confide in us so don't feel lost we will try to help you as much as we can *hug*

purple_rain :heart:
  • Options
    Around two weeks.
    Friend got worried last night as 'she' was at her worst, and phoned police. But they never turned up, cleary she thought I was lying. *hug*
  • Options
    She's there again....
  • Options
    What's she doing?

Are you okay? We're here for you.

Sorry, have nothing useful to say but big hugs *hug*
  • Options
    Standing there... watching me... she's wanting me to do silly things.

Not really but I have to be, everyone has given up :) I think I've given up on me too..x
  • Options
    What is she wanting you to do? You don't have to tell us if you don't want to. Don't listen to her, don't do anything that you don't want to do.

We haven't given up on you and we never will, we care about you.
  • Options
    Hi Sophie
    I can sympathize with you, as what other people cannot see and others are a graced to do so, so many do not believe that anything else exist, have you ever watched the documentary "The road to Armageddon? I think you can get it on YouTube, personally I found it amazing.

I believe it to be very close to the truth, but there are so many doubters I have said already many not believe unless they can see it themselves.

When people talk of the beyond, all that means is what is beyond the reach of our earthly organs, such as the eyes and ears.

Just because a person has passed over to the next level, they might have been evil here, then with death it does not make them a good person, there are many people spirits I believe around us trying to cause problems, they gave me a hard day yesterday, although I didn't actually see them, I knew they were there.

Animals have a higher sense of them, as I believe coming from a different level in creation, but a one closer to them, they can see these entities at times, which is why they appear so disturbed.

Peace and light
    Peter
  • Options
    What she always wants me to do.. die...

Yeah I try and keep my cats away when she's about cos they go a bit ''mad'' and I don't want it to stress them.

I don't even know why I still try. I give up on myself. EVERYTHING I try and do gets thrown back at me 10x worst, even when I try and get better, look to the future, it just doesn't work any more..
  • Options
    Well please don't listen to her.. I don't know how hard it may be not to listen. Just remember a lot of people care about you, we care.

Do you actually want to talk to someone professional about this? Because there are people you can talk to. A lot of people experience what you're going through so please don't feel alone.
  • Options
    I'm trying, but it gets hard, even if only I can see her, she feels so, so real, and that if I don't do what she says she'll hurt me.

I'm not sure, even if I did I'm still on a waiting list (year minimum been on if for a year already!) which is all I ever seem to be on, a waiting list.

I can't talk to a doctor about it, cos like he/she would believe me? I don't think anyone would tbh.
  • Options
    I personally would go to my gp about this. Tell her/him what you have told us. They will probably be able to suggest something and they will believe you, it's their job to help people and they have probably had people in with the same problem as you.

Keep talking to us.
  • Options
    But they won't.
    Crisis refuse to listen to me.
    Friends don't know about this and I can't tell them.
    I can't hold down a job cos she's always there.

I can't do anything! And I'm only ever ''proud'' of myself when I end up on a drip in hosp :/
  • Options
    Hi Sophie

as someone else said, you are not alone so do not think you are, and I do not believe the matter of what they say that they can actually hurt you at all, only mentally, they are only in a body which is not Gross material (earthly), but only materialising in this level, they may be able to create some sort of disturbance, but they are very limited in their actions, and I believe your fear feeds them.

I know of other people with similar torments, sometimes they can fight them, and others seek medication from a doctor.
    The trouble is as I have previously said, not many people accept this to be true, as what they cannot see they don't believe!
    Some people spend their lives fighting off these bad spirits.

From what I can gather they fear entities above them, also such as Christian symbols etc.

Tried to visualise, or even keep the Bible at hand, and read a passage from it to the entity, the darkness does not like the truth.

Peace and light
    Peter
  • Options
    Hey Sophie, obviously what peter has said isn't terribly helpful. The rest of this recognise that this is a manifestation of your mental health, not some bullshit relgious experience of some kind. I felt it was really important to highlight that it's a real treatable condition, not a magic pixie that can be fought with a work of fiction.

Now, the other important thing to remember is that we believe you, so there is no reason why a doctor wouldn't, unless there's something you haven't told us. You know that this isn't a great sign, so it's probably appropriate to try to get it treated.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    Treated for what though?
    I thought I was getting better, accepting how I am, and then this blurts out. I'm so, so lost in it all, and it seems as though everything else is getting out of control :(

Thank you for your reply though! *hug*
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Hey Sophie, obviously what peter has said isn't terribly helpful. The rest of this recognise that this is a manifestation of your mental health, not some bullshit relgious experience of some kind. I felt it was really important to highlight that it's a real treatable condition, not a magic pixie that can be fought with a work of fiction.

I just want to echo this as someone with a faith; I don't believe that Christianity is "a work of fiction" but I do believe that you're facing some real difficulties that a mental health professional should hear about. I can't tell you what they'll say or how you might be treated by them but I would encourage you to seek help.

Have you ever called Saneline or Mind?
  • Options
    Yeah I've heard of them.

I'm waiting for the Adult Mental Health Team, but that's a waiting list I'll just have to stick with..
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the Adult Mental Health Team, but that's a waiting list I'll just have to stick with..

Yes and no, if you're on the waiting list and your symptoms change they would expect you or your GP to inform them.
  • Options
    Is there point me trying to phone them tomorrow?! To tell them?
  • Options
    I would, yes. If your needs have changed, I think they need to know.

Also, you mentioned your GP - a GP is there to listen to and help you. They won't judge you. And I'm sure they've seen people who have been in this situation before.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I would, yes. If your needs have changed, I think they need to know.

Also, you mentioned your GP - a GP is there to listen to and help you. They won't judge you. And I'm sure they've seen people who have been in this situation before.

This.
  • Options
    I need to phone them... I'm sat having a massive panic cos I can't, and I don't deserve their help when they have so many pther people needing it.

Just wish I could make that first call for them to phone back :/
  • Options
    hi sophie, how are you doing. im sorry to hear about this, i know it can be exteremely scary. always here if you need to talk.
  • Options
    hey katie,

panicking. scared. want to go back to bed...
  • Options
    know that feeling too well.

im not always great at putting things into woords but i do understand to some extent what you're going through. yours seems a little more, confusing maybe, as to why its happening.
  • Options
    thank you, i'm a confusing person aha.

kittens just shit in my bedroom, not the best thing to clean in the morning *heaves*
  • Options
    maybe talking to a professional help you to uderstad whats and why its happening. it slighty helped me. with mine it was something to do with the fonical loop in my brain being stuck on past trauma.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    thank you, i'm a confusing person aha.

kittens just shit in my bedroom, not the best thing to clean in the morning *heaves*

How pleasant, how are you doing this morning? Are you considering calling your GP? Sophie, they do have other people, but you're just as important as anyone else they see, why do you think you don't deserve help?

*hug*
  • Options
    I want to phone the adult mh team, but i can't, i can never phone them but if they phone me i'm absolutely fine with it, weird huh?

If I was, they'd want to help... I was so honest when I had my assessment, there's nothing else I can do to show them or tell them that I'm desperate for it..
  • Options
    sophie i feel like me and you are in the same boat! with whats going on as well as support. ii dont know much about your circumstances of support though.