Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A bit of a dilemma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So... I mostly wear casual stuff. T-shirt, jacket, jeans... sometimes a hat. No make-up yet.

Problem is, I look in a mirror and I just... look like a child. I really do. :/

I want to look good but there lies my problem. I don't know HOW to 'look good' without also looking feminine. And 'feminine' isn't a look that fits me at all. :sour: It might look good on me maybe, but it'd be a sham. A fakery. Not me at all. Staying myself is very important to me...

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do? I'm going to get some minimal make-up but other ideas? For the record I'm not entirely sure how woman or guy I am right now... which doesn't make it easy... :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    Guess nobody does.
  • Options
    Hey fangirl

I just want to point out there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing what you're comfortable in.

My ex used to try and make me look more feminine when all I used to wear were joggers and a strap top. Then when we broke up I always felt a little manly wearing joggers again.

Now I like looking a little more feminine. I wear dresses, I wear skinny jeans with strap tops and high boots-maybe this is a look you could try? I think to look more feminine you may want to wear jewellery and boots. Where do you stand with jewellery and boots? How do you like to wear your hair?

Just remember though you like what you like.. if you want to wear jeans and t-shirts then that's fine. I'm sure you don't look like a child. A lot of people wear stuff like that.
  • Options
    I just want to wear things that make me look... well, maybe a little bit feminine but not a lot. I don't fit feminine, it's something that would feel not like me. All well-done hair, make-up, tight jeans, tight top, heels, little bag...
    ... it suits others but that's not me.

I just want to look nice. But I can't wear my tie and blazer all the time. But these two items of clothing make me feel so confident. Same with my military cap and any other little accessory.

I do wear some jewellery. I've a flat ring on each hand and my phoenix pendant which needs a new cord because it's getting tatty.

My hair... I kind of have cut similar to Jenna Louise-Coleman's style but it's grown out somewhat...
  • Options
    Hey , you could try earings? And lip butter or tint or something? Or a chapstick so your lips look soft and shiny? You could paint your nails? Blue or some colour? And of you wear your hair up you could get bright hair ties?? Hope it helps , as long as your happy it's all good :)