Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Make a pledge:D

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I little birdy gave me the idea for this thread:)

make a pledge on this thread and then tell us the next day whether you did it or not:)

for example you could pledge that you'll do your workout or write a page in your diary.

I'm going to pledge to be happy all day tomorrow:)

whats yours?

keep it positive though:)

cutes :)

Comments

• Options
    I like this thread :)
    I'm going to pledge that I will complete another painting tomorrow as I keep putting it off :)
  • Options
    im going to actually do my homework as well as do a picture for a friend
  • Options
    did you guys manage to keep your pledge? cause i didn't..
  • Options
    You guys should follow SMART goals
    Specific
    Measurable
    Achievable
    Relevant
    Timed.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Specific
    Measurable
    Achievable
    Relevant
    Timed.

Reminds me so much of school. But we had R as realistic, I think.
  • Options
    Specific
    Measurable
    Achievable
    Relevant
    Timed.
    this is what we do at college :O its sooo boring and silly hahha
  • Options
    It makes so much sense and if goals aren't any of those things there's no way it's going to work!
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    My pledge is a challenge set by Fiend. To be positive about myself and things. Its sort of an ongoing pledge. Hope it counts. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I didn't stick to my pledge either cutesmileyfun :d
  • Options
    I can see that potentially this thread might become a bit depressing if everyone keeps negatively saying "I didn't keep my pledge"
    Maybe try and find something positive, even if you didn't keep to your pledge.
    So Butterfly, even though you didn't finish a painting was there something else you did yesterday?
    And Cutesmileyfun, although you weren't happy all day yesterday was there a time where you were happy?
  • Options
    To not knob out on the underground today.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I have daily goals I always make myself, and try my hardest to aim for them, most of them tend to be DBT related, but it does help having aims for me to reach, as I'm more likely to do it, is I have a time period, sadly doing my law work never worked as I couldn't open the folder on my computer, however, I always have back up goals to aim for for example my second one yesterday was to get my baby sister to paint (10 months) and even though she painted me and herself, she still painted :P And also got a cold!
  • Options
    Great thread OP. :)
    I pledge for the day to clean my room, it is in mess after party last night and study a little and go cycling. Will let you know if I am able to keep the pledge or not.
  • Options
    I can see that potentially this thread might become a bit depressing if everyone keeps negatively saying "I didn't keep my pledge"
    So Butterfly, even though you didn't finish a painting was there something else you did yesterday?
    And Cutesmileyfun, although you weren't happy all day yesterday was there a time where you were happy?

Good idea BA 5 stars.
  • Options
    Even though I've got a busy and long day today going to try and make it to the gym after work
  • Options

High five for B-A.
  • Options
    Thanks Fiend and Franki! Just want to keep it positive!

My pledge for this week is to attend as much of the lessons in college as possible. Managed to attend all but 5 minutes of Government and Politics today. 1 lesson down, 5 to go :D
  • Options
    Studied a little and went cycling but haven't cleaned the room yet, tired and feeling lazy. So, two goals done :D
  • Options
    I bought a new dress.. :)
  • Options
    That's awesome Cyclowolf, and butterfly what's your dress like? :) I love dresses!
  • Options
    Thanks Broken Angel. Will try clean up room tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    I love dresses B-A, I've got too many. Everytime I go shopping I have to get a new one. This one is pink and erm.. it's hard to explain. It's gorgeous though.. it has like little holes in the fabric and a shorter underskirt to cover up. It's a really light fabric. and it has like holes where my ribs are. I love it, I wore it today.
  • Options
    I love dresses B-A, I've got too many. Everytime I go shopping I have to get a new one. This one is pink and erm.. it's hard to explain. It's gorgeous though.. it has like little holes in the fabric and a shorter underskirt to cover up. It's a really light fabric. and it has like holes where my ribs are. I love it, I wore it today.

I love dresses too! I wear a dress most days now. I find them more comfortable.
  • Options
    :) dresses are more comfortable than anything, you can move around better. Best thing is buying them :heart:
  • Options
    Another lesson down- went to the whole thing today :) 4 more this week.
  • Options
    Well done BA remember take it day by day ♥

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Well done BA remember take it day by day ♥

how are you getting on Claire?
  • Options
    how are you getting on Claire?

Doing okay some days difficult but remembering the be positive

• Options
    Champion
  • Options
    Champion

Thankyouu!! :-)