Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what shall i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all!
ok just lately ive been really down, i mean really down. i cry myself to sleep and have began to start making myself sick, i know i shouldn't beacuse of all the damage it can do but i cant help myself. i feel trapped as if ive got no one to turn to, apart from my bf and hes on holiday. i really love him to bits hes not only my bf but hes also my best friend.
he knows i feel down sometimes and he does things to help me get through it.
but i dont i feel completely screwed in the head i can't sleep, make myself sick i feel depressed, cry alot and have no energy. i feel so bad and i just want to sort it out. but i really dont know what to do. i know you all might say go see a counceller (however you spell it)! but i cant i would find it to hard to tell my problems to a complete stranger. i know you are all strangers to me but i know you give could advice and what ever you say i will try and do! thank you for reading this! all replies will be helpful
luv jai x

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

Sometimes talking to a complete stranger is easier than talking to a close friend or relative. The best place to start is by talking to your GP - you need a checkup and possibly medication too. They will be able to refer you for counselling if that's the right thing for you.

If you've been making yourself sick deliberately, read our factsheet about bulimia, and think about getting in touch with the support group:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/health/eating_problems/anorexia_and_bulimia_the_facts.html

You don't have to struggle along on your own, you know. You deserve some help and support. The sooner you get help, the sooner you can get better.
  • Options
    hey thnk you for your help. but what am i suppose to say to my gp, everything that is wrong with me. its worst because i make myself sick and im natually sick aswell due to a problem i had when i was younger. the gp wont ontact my parents will he?
  • Options
    How long have you been feeling like this?

Has something in your life changed or is there something coming up that you're worried about?
  • Options
    for about a month! the funny thing is sometimes i feel really low and bad and sometimes i feel better. it changes! im moving house thats the only thing i can think of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by babes r us
    . the gp wont contact my parents will he?

No. Don't worry about going to see him, he is trained to be understanding and he cannot tell your parents.