Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bulimia is more controlling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tw: purge, starving, weight

So I thought I had miraculously recovered. I was eating what I personally thought was enough and hadn't purged for a while.

A few days ago I purged again. And have been everyday. I replace all foods with cigarettes. And if I do eat it will go straight to the toilet.

I've lost a stone (honestly don't know how) in just over a week. I'm now in the "healthy weight" category for BMI and I seriously feel fatter than ever. I'm still determined to get back to a weight I was when I was little.

Work have commented on how much weight I've lost from them seeing me a week ago. Or as they out it "I was watching you walk around and noticed you've lost a shit lode of weight"

Obviously I doubted how much help support was. And how much I miss being able to talk to someone and share how I've been feeling with her...

Sorry.

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry to hear how your feeling lovely. Your beautiful the way you are. I know this post may not help cos I dont know what to really say but I want you to know you can talk to me about anything. After all I am your little alien friend ♡

I know its the same if your so used to having somebody special to talk to about things. But you know the offer is always there. Please take care of you. ♡ loves you x :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Again ive got not much experience in this area but i can offer hugs and an open ear :)
  • Options
    Obviously I'm in no position to advice, but I'm always here if you need someone to listen. I know how controlling bulimia can become, and honestly there is nothing I could say that would make it all better for you. I wish I could because it is such a destructive illness :( The only thing I can really say is if you truly don't feel you can eat without purging, then please make sure you're taking vitamins to replace the nutrients you are losing. Remember the vitamins can never replace food, but it's better than nothing for now and will help you keep your strength up.

From experience I'd say don't focus too much on eating, have something small when you feel like you can. Even if it's just an apple. Once you've eaten distract yourself, go for a walk, get out the house so it's not as easy to just go and be sick. If you feel you can, speak to your GP. They might be able to offer you some nutrient drinks on prescription.